Fern Bay Community Centre
About the Community Centre
The new Fern Bay Community Centre is available for hire 7 days a week from 6am to 10pm for children’s birthday parties, exercise classes, meetings, presentations and other functions.
The centre includes:
- a multi-purpose hall space (11m x 15m) with sprung timber floor
- 2 tennis courts with lighting
- tennis clubhouse (3.8m x 3.6m) which can be hired separately to the hall for small meetings
- kitchen facilities including oven, fridge, microwave, instant boiling water, food preparation area and serving hutchplates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups and cutlery for 50 people
- 80 adult chairs (with a capacity for 20 extra if you advise at time of booking)
- 36 chairs for children
- 10 adult tables (1.8m long x 0.9m wide)
- 8 tables for children (1.2m long x 0.6m wide)
- reception desk and mini-store rooms available for regular hirers
- full AV system including projector, microphone and speakers (please advise at time of booking if you wish to use this system so we can provide the appropriate key and cables)
- full disabled ramp access including disabled toilet and hearing loop
- public amenities
- sealed car parking spaces for 20 vehicles
- coin operated barbecues in the adjacent park
- fully fenced shaded outdoor play area.
For all hall and tennis court enquiries and bookings contact one of our volunteers on 0475 918 593 (preferably by SMS). We can also be contacted via email on email@example.com but this account is not monitored on a daily basis.
- COVID Safe Plan — Fern Bay Community Centre (PDF 500 KB)
- Fees and Charges — Fern Bay Community Centre (PDF 188 KB)
- Floor Plan - Fern Bay Community Centre (PDF)
- Evacuation Plan - Fern Bay Community Centre
- The Centre is managed by community volunteers.
- For all hall hire, we prefer that payment is made directly into the Fern Bay Community Centre Committee Account, please request details. Use hall hirer’s name and date of hire as your reference details.
- The Fern Bay Tennis Club meets every Tuesday at 8:30am. New members are always welcome.
- The Port Stephens Mobile Library visits the Community Centre every Second Monday.
- The tennis clubhouse can be hired at any time for small meetings and other activities which only require a small space.
No smoke machines can be used within the venue.
Yoga — 9:30 to 10:45am year-round
Cleaner — 11am to 12:30pm
Tae-kwon-do — 5:30 to 7pm
Port Stephens Pre-school — 9am to 3pm during school term only
Hive Dance Company — 3:30 to 8pm
Tai-Chi — 9:30 to 11:30am
Zumba — Midday to 1pm
Hive Dance Company — 3:15 to 5:15pm
Tae-kwon-do — 5:30 to 7pm
Yoga — 9:30 to 10:45am
Dementia Support Group — 11:30am to 2:30pm on the second Thursday of each month
Hive Dance Company — 3:15 to 7:30pm except first Thursday of the month end time is 6:30pm
Fern Bay Fullerton Cove Progress Association — 7:30 to 8:30pm on the first Thursday of the month except January.
Fern Bay Public School — 9 to 11am during school term
Cleaner — Midday to 1:30pm
Fern Bay Public School — 2 to 3pm during school term
Community Facility Use Agreement and Conditions of Hire
To ensure our community halls remain in good condition, hirers are asked to complete an Application for Facility Hire and abide by the Terms and Conditions of Facility Hire. The Community Facility Use Agreement is an arrangement between the hall contact officer.