Visitor information centre
At the heart of Port Stephens you'll find the Visitor Information Centre (VIC), where our friendly local staff will welcome you to Port Stephens, share a wealth of knowledge, and and help you plan the perfect getaway!
We love visitors to our region. In fact, that's how most of us 'locals' landed here in the first place! The VIC team will invite you to "make yourself at home" in Port Stephens – they'll help you discover the coldest beer, the highest lookout, the best beach for a surf, the restaurant with the best view, the easiest bush walk, the most challenging trek, the freshest produce, the closest doctor, the best hairdresser, the nearest laundromat, the free car parks... you name it, the VIC team will know it. And if they don't... well they'll do their best to find out for you!
At the VIC, you'll find free maps and brochures, handy tips and local knowledge, as well as a warm welcome and a friendly smile to help you make the most of your stay and enjoy every day while you're here. They also have a range of Port Stephens handmade, quality gifts, souvenirs, tea towels and a whole lot more to remember your visit by.
Find out more about where to stay and what to do while you’re on the Port Stephens Tourism website.
What we offer?
Aside from expert local advice on all things Port Stephens, the VIC also provides the following services:
- Accommodation and Tour booking service for individuals and groups
- Free wi-fi
- An extensive range of local merchandise and souvenirs
- Gift vouchers for all occasions
- Superior local information and knowledge
- Complimentary brochure displays for 300+ Destination Port Stephens members
- Maps for purchase
- Local and Regional Visitor Guides, maps and touring guides
- Public toilets with accessible facilities
60 Victoria Parade, Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 4pm
- Saturday – 10am to 2pm
- Sunday – Closed
Public holiday hours
- Australia Day – Closed
- Good Friday – Closed
- Easter Saturday – 10am to 3pm
- Easter Sunday – 10am to 3pm
- Easter Monday – 10am to 3pm
- ANZAC Day – 10am to 2pm
- King's Birthday (12 June) – Closed
- Labour Day – 9am to 1pm
- Christmas Day – Closed
- New Year’s Day – Closed
Our friendly staff are also available to help visitors seeking information about Port Stephens on 1800 808 900.
- Phone 1800 808 900 or 02 4988 0900
- Email email@example.com