Environmental projects fund
The natural environment is one of the most important factors for community living in Port Stephens. We know our community value our local environment for its many benefits and wants to support the protection and enhancement of our area.
This program provides opportunity for community and schools to deliver environmentally focused projects that benefit our local environment. The focus of these projects or activities should be to improve biodiversity and sustainability, protect local ecosystems, encourage student participation and educate our community. The program will also help to strengthen partnerships between local community groups, schools and Port Stephens Council.
Examples of projects that would be eligible are:
- Improving sustainability e.g. Worm farms/composting projects, waste and recycling projects
- Improving biodiversity and local ecosystems
- Control of priority pest animal and weed species
- Environmental education for community
- Reducing the communities carbon footprint
Applications open 1 September 2023 and close 30 September 2023.
A total of $20,000 is available. Applicants can apply for funding between $1,000 - $5,000 per application.
Who can apply?
- Individuals that live in Port Stephens Council
- Community and volunteer groups (including Town Teams)
- Incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or charities
How to apply
For more information and to apply online
|Tilligerry Landcare/Community Association
|Reducing Fox numbers on Tilligerry Peninsula
|Hunter Region Botanic Gardens
|Growing the Rainforest Gardens at our Botanic GardensHRBG
|Bobs Farm Public school
|Growing Bobs Farm
|Mambo Wanda Wetlands Landcare
|Wanda Wetlands Fishbone Fern
|Soldiers Point-Salamander Bay Landcare Group
|Soldiers Point Leonard Everitt Park Enhancement Project