Customer Experience Charter
Council is committed to delivering programs and services with a strong focus on exceptional customer experience. Our staff are committed to being open, honest, fair and accountable in all our dealings with customers and strive to provide timely, efficient and consistent services.
The Customer Experience Charter outlines standards we will use to deliver professional, reliable and consistent customer experience that meets your expectations. Customer experience is everyone’s responsibility and we will hold each other accountable in our service commitment.
Our commitment to you
- Be professional, respectful and courteous
- Be patient and helpful
- Communicate clearly and in plain language
- Be open and transparent about our processes
- Attempt to resolve your enquiry at the first point of contact
- Be supported by systems and processes to best help you
- Keep you informed of the progress of your request as required
Customer Service Standards
When you contact us by phone, we will:
- Aim to answer your enquiry in the first instance
- If we are unable to resolve your enquiry in the first instance, we will obtain your information and assign to the appropriate area
- We will provide a 24 hour phone service for urgent, after-hours calls.
If you call in to see us, we will:
- Greet you with respect and courtesy
- Identify ourselves so that you know who you are talking to
- Where possible, put you in direct contact with the appropriate area best able to respond to your enquiry
- Aim to answer your enquiry at first point of contact If we are unable to resolve your issue at the first point of contact, we will:
- Attempt to put you in contact with the appropriate staff member
- Obtain your information and assign to the appropriate area to speak with you
If you write to us, we will:
- Respond in language that is clear, concise and easily understood
- Respond to correspondence using appropriate means and ensure that accurate records are maintained
If you see us in the field such as parks, beaches and sportsgrounds, we will:
- Put your safety and that of our staff at the forefront of our interactions
- Endeavor to assist you with your enquiry
- Resolve your enquiry or provide details of an alternative contact person
Social media allows us to share accurate and timely information directly with our community. Council cannot guarantee a response to all posts made on its social media sites and therefore will post responses when considered necessary or appropriate. More information is available in Council’s Social Media Policy.
Council maintains a Customer Request Management (CRM) System that records, monitors and reports on requests we receive. This service enables customers to notify us of an issue, request an action, report faults, defects or hazards in Council infrastructure. You can report it to us in real-time from anywhere, through the ‘report and request’ tool.
Help us to deliver better service
To assist us in delivering quality Customer experience we ask you to:
- Provide us with information that is timely, accurate and complete
- Treat us with mutual respect
- Work with us to solve problems and reach resolutions
- Provide us with honest, constructive feedback on our service
- Contact us if you believe we have made an error or acted inappropriately
How will we evaluate our performance?
We will benchmark ourselves against the following standards:
- Answer 80% of calls within 45 seconds at our Customer Experience Centre;
- Endeavor to complete your business during your first point of contact with us
- If you request a call back, return messages by close of business the following working day;
- Acknowledge your correspondence within 5 working days
- Respond to your enquiry within 20 business days, keeping you informed along the way
We're constantly looking for ways to enhance the services and programs we provide to you.
If you have been satisfied with our service, please let us know, as it gives us the opportunity to recognise our staff. If you can suggest how we can do things better, please tell us. We welcome your feedback to improve our service.
Please send any feedback to pscouncil.info/contact-us or by visiting our Customer Experience centre.
How to contact us?
Phone: (02) 4988 0255
Postal address: 116 Adelaide Street (PO Box 42), Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324
Our Customer Experience centre is located at 12 Adelaide Street Raymond Terrace and is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Customer Experience Charter (PDF 186.7 KB)
Complaint Handling Policy (PDF 670.3 KB)