Port Stephens is a livable place supporting local economic growth.
Council is one of the major tourtist accommodation providers in Port Stephens. Our Holiday Parks unit is responsible for the operation and management of 5 award-winning properties.
- Thou Walla Sunset Retreat, Soldiers Point — located on land owned by Council
- Shoal Bay Holiday Park — located partly on Crown Land with the majority on Council land
- Halifax Holiday Park — located on Crown Land with Council as Trust Manager
- Fingal Bay Holiday Park — located on Crown Land with Council as Trust Manager
- Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary (formerly Treescape) — located on Crown Land leased by Council
Council owns a broad range of investment properties that provide an alternative revenue stream, reducing reliance on rates.
- Commercial investments — includes acquiring and disposing of land and buildings, detailed records and more.
- Facilities management — includes managing property investment portfolio, community leasing and other assets.
- Statutory property — includes the acquisition of interests in land, road and reserve naming, road closures and Crown Land issues.
Economic Development and Tourism
We play a key role in building economic capacity by shaping a business enabling environment to enhance competitiveness, job creation and incomes for the benefit of all.