Family day care
Thrive Kids family day care focuses on recognising, respecting and valuing the place each child has in the world. We have been running home-based care in the Port Stephens and Newcastle area for over 25 years and cater for children from 6 weeks to 13 years.
Our centers promote the Early Years Learning Framework principles of belonging, being and becoming and the School Age Framework principles of "My Time, Our Place".
All our home-based services provide a holistic, nurturing and stimulating learning environment.
Find out about care in Thrive Kids family day care
Thrive Kids Family Day Care provide a unique alternative to traditional centre based care. Educators provide care in their own homes ensuring a creative, educational learning environment that supports every stage of your child’s growth and development.
- Maximum 7 children to one Educator (4 under school age)
- Family-friendly home environments to learn and play
- Emphasis on individual learning and education
- Educators registered to a Nationally Accredited Family Day Care Service
- Child Care Subsidy is available
Please call or email our office to request care for your child. Families are referred to Educator/s who have the requested vacancy. The parent is asked to contact the Educator/s to arrange a time to visit and meet with the Educator at the education and care service. It is recommended that the children who will be using care also attend the interview.
After you have interviewed the Educator/s, you are required to contact the Thrive Kids administration office and advise us of your choice of Educator. We'll then email you the link to the Enrolment and Care Agreement forms. These must be fully completed and with the administration office before care can commence.
Enquire about becoming a Family Daycare educator
Becoming a family day care educator through Thrive Kids is a fulfilling and rewarding experience. It allows you to work from home, continue to be professionally supported, develop your skills while still doing what you love - working with children. When you become an educator, you'll be supported by our team who'll help you navigate setting up both your home and your business.
- Support - visits for all educators, programming assistance, information on legislative changes and opportunities to network with other educators.
- Assistance - mentoring and development, marketing, help in emergency situations, online timesheets, fire testing and tagging of electrical equipment, work, health and safety checks and assistance for funding applications
- Referrals - for families requiring care, from families on waiting lists and request for care from external organisations.
- Fees - educators determine their own fees within the range set by Port Stephens Council Assessment and Rating.
- Download our Educator Information Pack here