There are 4 sports councils in Port Stephens. These sports councils:
- assist with strategic planning;
- provide education and training to members;
- provide a mechanism for community consultation/advice;
- promote sport and recreation;
- organisation of Sports Development Levy setting and facility bookings;
- facility development planning; and
- prioritisation and funding of improvements.
The four local sports councils are made up of representatives from local sporting clubs, schools, special interest groups, elected Councillors and community representatives in the Tomaree, Medowie, West Ward and Tilligerry localities.
Any sport or recreation group that is active can have representation on their local sports council. There are currently over 70 different sporting clubs involved.
Please fill out the booking form to further information on booking sports facilities. All Sport Facility Use Agreements for casual use of grounds must be received by Council at least 2 weeks prior to the intended date of use.
- Sport Facilities Conditions of Use (PDF 110KB)
- Works on Council Land Sports Council Financial Assistance Request Form (Online Form)
- Work, Health and Safety Checklist (PDF 117KB) - Checklist for sporting clubs to complete prior to use of fields.
- Sports Council New Delegate Pack (PDF 120KB)
- Sports Council New Delegate Nomination Form (PDF 100KB)
For information on Active Kids grants, family holiday camps and opportunities for coaches and administrators, visit the Office of Sport website.