Fingal Beach Surf Club
Keep COVID Safe this summer
Beach season — September to April
Professional lifeguards patrol all beaches from 9am to 5pm in spring and autumn and 9am to 6pm in summer. They operate on weekdays at Birubi and Fingal beaches and 7 days per week at One Mile.
Volunteer lifesavers operate on weekends at Birubi and Fingal Beach from 9am to 5pm for the entire season.
|Fingal Beach patrol dates||Days of service||Times|
|26 September to 19 December 2020||5||9am to 5pm|
|20 December 2020 to 26 January 2021||5||9am to 6pm|
|27 January to 23 April 2021||5||9am to 5pm|
Off season — June to September
Lifeguard services operate at One Mile Beach only from 9am to 4pm, 7 days a week. All beach users should follow the COVID-19 public health order and maintain physical distancing.
There are no lifeguard services at Birubi Beach and Fingal Beach during this time. All water activities are undertaken at the person's own risk and in accordance with the public health order and physical distancing rules.
About Fingal Beach
Fingal Beach is a protected beach accessed directly off Marine Drive Fingal Bay. The beach is ideal for the family to swim and surf and is just a short walk to Fingal Bay Holiday Park. Fingal Beach has a modern Clubhouse which is home to both Volunteer and Professional Lifeguards. The Club is supported by the Oceanview restaurant and adjoining Longboat Café and has amazing views of the ocean, National Park and coastline.
- Kiosk / Cafe
- Restaurant — Saltwater Restaurant
- BBQ and picnic areas
- Children's playground
- Disabled toilets
- Car parking
- Boat ramp
- Beach wheelchair
Beach water safety
- The safest place to swim at the beach is between the red and yellow flags.
- Mark a reference point on the shore to avoid drifting.
- Always read the surf conditions board.
- If you think conditions are too rough for you, don't go in.
- Always swim with a friend, never alone.
- Swim parallel to, and not away from, the shore when you swim long distances.
- Swim in well-lit areas so you can be seen if you get into trouble.
- For your safety, leave the water immediately when requested by a lifeguard.
|Organisation||Phone||Email or Website|
Port Stephens Lifeguard Supervisor (Professional Lifeguards)
0418 498 581
Emergency after hours — police, ambulance, fire brigade
Port Stephens Council Customer Service and after hours
02 4988 0255
Fingal Beach Surf Club
Director of Lifesaving (Volunteers)
02 4981 1450
0457 329 350
Longboat Café Fingal Beach
02 4981 5958
|Saltwater Restaurant Fingal Beach||02 4024 2650|