Hiring a Hall or Community Centre
Throughout Port Stephens, we have a range of halls, community centres and function rooms of varying sizes available for hire.
Many of our halls and community centres are managed by dedicated volunteers who do a wonderful job ensuring these facilities balancing the needs of hirers and the broader community.
Click here to view each hall and community centre to see facilities and equipment included.
*Maximum capacity number is based on people standing. Capacity is reduced for seated events. Actual capacity permitted will be dependent on the Public Health Orders at the time of the event.
To assist with your planning, the calendar below outlines potential availability at our facilities (subject to change).
Select 'List' to view availability at all venues.
Note: Please follow our booking process on the individual facility webpage. We are unable to accept bookings via the calendar request.
- View the individual facility page for more information
- View the Hall and Community Centre Booking Officers Contact list
To keep charges as low as possible, hirers are to leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition for the next user. Fees and charges are reviewed annually and may be subject to change on adoption of the revised Schedule of Fees & Charges by Council effective from 1 July each year. The current rate will be applied according to your date of hire.
Check the individual facility page for details on payment options.
Hirers may be asked to pay a security bond prior to the hire date. This is fully refundable providing the Conditions of Hire are met and the hall is left in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Facility Hire.
As our booking process is managed by various Booking Officers, please request your booking from the “Apply Now” button on the individual facility webpage to ensure you follow the correct process for that facility.
Please check the calendar availability and if required, make enquiries with the relevant Booking Officer prior to submitting your application.
An Application for Facility Hire is not approved until the Hirer has received a booking confirmation from the relevant Booking Officer. Please check your spam/junk folder for email responses.
- Select the facility you would like to hire and checkout details on the facilities webpage
- Review the Terms and Conditions of Facility Hire
- Check availability and if required, make enquiries with the Booking Officer
- Select “Apply Now” to submit an Application for hire
- Check your emails (and junk/spam mail) for correspondence and confirmation of your booking status
- Process your payment
- Make arrangements for access to the facility
- Ensure you enter, use and leave the facility in accordance with the hire times confirmed and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.