One Mile Lifeguard Facility
Venue Address: 23 Hannah Pde One Mile
Professional Lifeguard Patrol for all beaches operates from 9am to 5pm in Spring and Autumn and 9am to 6pm for the Summer season. The start and finish dates for the season's are outlined in the table below.
Professional Lifeguards operate five days per week (Monday - Friday) at Birubi and Fingal beach and seven days per week at One Mile Beach.
|Days per |
|Start Date||Finish Date||Patrol Times|
|30/09/2019||20/12/2019||9am to 5pm|
|21/12/2019||28/01/2020||9am to 6pm|
|29/01/2020||24/04/2020||9am to 5pm|
One Mile is a very small township located adjacent to the Tomaree National Park between Boat Harbour and Nelson Bay. You can access One Mile Beach from Hannah Parade, Boat Harbour. There is ample parking and shady picnic areas on the adjacent reserve and the beach is a only a minutes walk over the sand dunes. There is an informal access track to the beach and a brand new Surf Clubhouse, home to the professional lifeguards and volunteer lifesavers.
- Barbeque and picnic areas
- Public Amenities
- Private Cafe
- Lifeguard Hut
Water Safety at the Beach
- The safest place to swim at the beach is between the red and yellow flags.
- Mark a reference point on the shore, to avoid drifting.
- Always read The Surf Conditions Board.
- If you think conditions are too rough for you, don't go in.
- Always swim with a friend, never alone.
- Swim parallel to and not away from the shore when you swim long distances.
- Swim in well- lit areas, so you can be seen if you get into trouble.
- For your safety, leave the water immediately when requested by a lifeguard.
|Organisation||Phone||Email or Website|
Port Stephens Lifeguard Supervisor
Emergency after hours - police, ambulance, fire brigade
Port Stephens Council Customer Service and after hours
(02) 4988 0255
One Mile Beach Hut - ALS Professional Lifeguards
(02) 4982 1330