One Mile Lifeguard Facility
Venue Address: 23 Hannah Pde One Mile
Off season — 1 June to 25 September
Lifeguard services operate at One Mile Beach only from 9am to 4pm, 7 days a week. All beach users should follow the COVID-19 public health order and maintain physical distancing.
There are no lifeguard services at Birubi Beach and Fingal Beach during this time. All water activities are undertaken at the person's own risk and in accordance with the public health order and physical distancing rules.
Beach season — 26 September to 25 April
Professional lifeguards patrol all beaches from 9am to 5pm in spring and autumn and 9am to 6pm in summer. They operate on weekdays at Birubi and Fingal beaches and 7 days per week at One Mile.
Volunteer lifesavers operate on weekends at Birubi and Fingal Beach from 9am to 5pm for the entire season.
|One Mile Beach patrol dates||Days of service||Times|
|26 September to 19 December 2020||7||9am to 5pm|
|20 December 2020 to 26 January 2021||7||9am to 6pm|
|27 January to 25 April 2021||7||9am to 5pm|
|26 April to 30 June 2021||7||9am to 4pm|
About One Mile Beach
One Mile is a small township located next to the Tomaree National Park, between Boat Harbour and Nelson Bay. You can access One Mile Beach from Hannah Parade, Boat Harbour. There is ample parking and shady picnic areas at the reserve and the beach is a only a minute's walk over the sand dunes. There is an informal access track to the beach and a new lifeguard facility, which is home to the professional lifeguards and volunteer lifesavers.
- BBQ and picnic areas
- Public amenities
- Car park
- Private cafe
- Lifeguard facility
Beach water safety
- The safest place to swim at the beach is between the red and yellow flags.
- Mark a reference point on the shore to avoid drifting.
- Always read the surf conditions board.
- If you think conditions are too rough for you, don't go in.
- Always swim with a friend, never alone.
- Swim parallel to, and not away from, the shore when you swim long distances.
- Swim in well-lit areas so you can be seen if you get into trouble.
- For your safety, leave the water immediately when requested by a lifeguard.
|Organisation||Phone||Email or Website|
Port Stephens Lifeguard Supervisor
0418 498 581
Emergency after hours — police, ambulance, fire brigade
Port Stephens Council Customer Service and after hours
02 4988 0255
One Mile Lifeguard Facility — ALS Professional Lifeguards
02 4982 1330