The 2020 Mayoral Academic Scholarships program will open for applications on 13 December 2019 and close on 17 January 2020. The 2020 scholarships will be presented to winners at the Port Stephens Council Chambers on 13 February 2020.
The Mayoral Academic Scholarships program is a partnership between Port Stephens Council and local businesses to support the next generation of business and industry leaders in Port Stephens as they embark on their tertiary study.
The investment of one scholarship from a local business makes a big difference to a young person setting out on the next stage of their academic journey. Whether it is a year’s worth of text books, a laptop computer, or student accommodation – this contribution goes a long way to support local students and encourage life-long learning.
Each year, the Mayoral Academic Scholarships Program offers scholarships to students from across the Port Stephens Local Government Area, embarking on their first year of tertiary study. In 2019, 16 scholarships valued at $2,000 each were generously sponsored by local businesses (listed below) wanting to help students realise their potential.
For reference only - 2019 Application Form and Program Conditions
- Download the 2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarships Application Form (PDF 235KB)
- Download the 2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Program Conditions (PDF 156KB)
- Destination Port Stephens
- Hunter Land
- Hunter Readymixed Concrete
- McDonald Jones Homes
- Newcastle Airport
- Raymond Terrace Bowling Club
- Salamander Recycling Centre
- Soldiers Point Bowling Club
- Suez Resource Recovery Centre
- The Wests Group
- Tomago Aluminium
- View the 2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Recipients
- View the 2018 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Recipients
- View the 2017 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Recipients
For more information about the program, contact the Economic Development & Tourism Unit on 02 4988 0536 or email email@example.com