Mayoral Academic Scholarships
The Port Stephens Mayoral Academic Scholarships program is a partnership between Port Stephens Council and local businesses to support the next generation of business and industry leaders in Port Stephens as they embark on their tertiary study.
The investment of one scholarship from a local business makes a big difference to a young person setting out on the next stage of their academic journey. Whether it is a year’s worth of text books, a laptop computer, or student accommodation – this contribution will go a long way to support local students and encourage life long learning.
Each year, the Mayoral Academic Scholarships Program offers scholarships to students from across the Port Stephens Local Government Area, embarking on their first year of tertiary study. In 2019, there are 16 scholarships valued at $2,000 each, which have been generously sponsored by local businesses (listed below) wanting to assist students in reaching their full potential.
2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Program Dates:
- Applications open 9am Friday 14 December 2018
- Applications close 5pm Friday 18 January 2019
- Scholarship presentation night will be held on Thursday 14 February 2019
2019 Application Form and Program Conditions
- Download the 2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarships Application Form
- Download the 2019 Mayoral Academic Scholarship Program Conditions
Application Form Instructions
- Download the editable PDF Application Form and save to your computer. It's very important that you complete the Application Form from the saved file on your computer (not in an internet browser).
- Fill out the editable PDF Application Form and ensure you save any changes you make as you progress. This involves you 'replacing' the version as you go along.
- Please save your final and submit (submissions accepted only from 14 December 2018 to 18 January 2019). Information about how you can submit your application is noted on the last page of the Application Form.
- AMP Control
- Destination Port Stephens
- Hunter Land
- Hunter Readymixed Concrete
- McDonald Jones Homes
- Newcastle Airport
- Raymond Terrace Bowling Club
- Salamander Recycling Centre
- Soldiers Point Bowling Club
- Suez Resource Recovery Centre
- The Wests Group
- Tomago Aluminium
For more information about becoming involved in the 2019 program, contact the Economic Development & Tourism Unit on 02 4988 0255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org