Vibrant Spaces Fund
The Vibrant Spaces Fund is focused on building a strong, creative and vibrant cultural economy — we want to make great places for everyone to enjoy and experience. Vibrancy means places with life, activity and interesting experiences that tell the story of who we are.
Vibrant and liveable places support creative expression, social connection, and community pride. They also attract business and investment, and create opportunities for new employment enterprise, trade and export.
Activities funded through the Vibrant Spaces Fund need to reflect the culture and identity of each community and contribute to the wellbeing of those that use the space.
Initiatives could include markets, artistic and creative upgrades to the streets, public art projects, creative lighting, tactile installations, interpretation either through signage or interactive experiences, decorations, activating shopfronts, repurposing existing commercial space, music in the park, parklets, trails, festive season promotions, greening projects and anything that improves the vibrancy of our public spaces.
This could be a one off project or a series of smaller projects over time.
Round 2: Applications open 1 February 2021 and close 28 February 2021.
A total of $84,000 will be made available to this fund.
The maximum grant application will be capped at $6000 per application. The funds need to be spent within 18 months of the funding being confirmed.
- incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or charities
- registered businesses with an ABN
- sole traders
- community and volunteer groups (for example, Landcare groups)
- service organisations.
For unincorporated community groups or individuals, we recommend you partner with a local business to participate in this program.
How to apply
- Read the Funding Guidelines for full details about the grant.
- Give staff a call to discuss your project on 02 4988 0255 or email email@example.com
- Visit have your say and complete the online application. Make sure to upload any supporting documentation including your Certificate of Incorporation, budget and any required quotes.