Heritage Projects Fund
There are currently 117 heritage items, 2 heritage conservation areas and 6 archaeological sites across Port Stephens which are protected through heritage listing under the Port Stephens Local Environmental Plan 2013. The listed heritage items include a number of unique and valuable items, some of which date back to early settlement.
Individuals and community organisations play an important role in the conservation, protection and interpretation of heritage items. Council aims to support their activities through the Heritage Project Funds.
The Heritage Projects Fund provides small grants to assist with local heritage projects. The fund encourages owners of heritage items to undertake conservation and maintenance works.
The fund can also provide support to community organisations to undertake projects related to heritage items, such as interpretation or heritage walk brochures. Funding is offered as a priority to heritage items, places within conservation areas, or items of historical significance.
This fund is supported by Heritage NSW, Department of Premier & Cabinet.
Applications open in August and close 8 September 2020. Projects are to be finalised and acquitted by mid-April 2021.
A total of $11,000 will be made available through this fund. A maximum of $2000 is available per application.
How to apply
- Read the Funding Guidelines for full details about the grant.
- Give staff a call to discuss your project on 02 4988 0255 or email email@example.com
- Visit have your say and complete the online application. Make sure to upload any supporting documentation including your Certificate of Incorporation, budget and any required quotes.
Get information on funding streams available and how to write a winning application at our online grants webinar at 10am Wednesday 5 August 2020.
- hear from Council staff on what grants are open, who can apply, what type of things can be applied for
- get tips and tricks to strengthen your application.
Register interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org