Families and children
If you would like to add or change a listing, please email email@example.com.
To help families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with someone whose drinking is a problem.
Supported playgroup provides opportunity for parents and children to enhance their relationship in a supportive environment, increase their skills and confidence and develop valuable social and family support networks. Held every Monday in the school term from 9:15 to 11:30am.
- Anna Bay Public School. 191 Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay NSW 2316
- 02 4982 1767
Brighter Futures supports families experiencing domestic violence, mental health and difficult child behavior.
Carer Assist supports the carers of people with all types of mental illness. It is part of the NSW Family and Carer Mental Health Program and is funded by the NSW Department of Health through the Mental Health Drug and Alchohol Office (MHDAO).
The Child and Family Health Team is a specialist community health service is provided for families with children aged 2 to 12 years. The service aims to promote the health, development and wellbeing of children and help coordinate and link in with appropriate support.
Grow N Groove Playgroup is for children aged under 2. They meet Fridays from 10am to 12 midday.
The Early Links program provides time-limited support to families of children aged less than 9 around the time of their child’s diagnosis with a disability or developmental delay.
The Family Action Centre at the University of Newcastle aims to strengthen family and community wellbeing.
- The Station, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308
- 02 4921 6858
- Anna Bay Public School, 191 Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay NSW 2316
- 02 4982 1767
Home-Start is a Voluntary Home Service in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families with at least one child under 5 where the parents are experiencing difficulty in their parenting roles or are under stress.
Hunter Region No Interest Loans Scheme (HRNILS) provides no interest loans to low income families throughout the Newcastle Hunter region.
Interrelate is a not-for-profit provider of relationship services that specialises in supporting parents and children
Child and Family Health Nursing (CFHN) is a primary health care service providing a wide range of health care and health promotional services to children and families.
Karingal Preschool Nelson Bay
A small community-based preschool enrolling 35 children from 2 to 6 years. Our preschool maintains partnerships with both our Indigenous and non-Indigenous community.
KU Peninsula Preschool operates Monday to Friday for ages 2 to 6. Approved for Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). Extended hours available.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities.
- Port Stephens Hub, Shearwater Business Park, 3/7 Sky Close, Taylors Beach NSW
- 1800 634 748
McAuley Outreach Service provides a home-based counselling service for parents (with young children) who have drug and/or alcohol problems affecting the family function.
- Medowie Community Centre, 44 Ferodale Road, Medowie NSW 2318
Port Stephens Activity Van Preschool offers a challenging and stimulating educational program that provides opportunities for children to try new experiences, practice new skills and enjoy play at their personal developmental level.
- Administration office: 02 4988 0308
- Service mobile: 0428 951 387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newcastle Multiple Birth Club (NMBC) offers support to parents of twins, triplets or more, and to those expecting a multiple birth.
Play2Learn offers supported playgroups for 0-5 years during term time, and is free of charge. They meet Wednesdays from 10am to 12 midday.
- Raymond Terrace Public School, Swan Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
Play2Learn offers supported playgroups for 0-5 years during term time, and is free of charge. They meet Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11:30am.
- Tanilba Bay Public School, 1a King Street, Tanilba Bay 2319
Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Services (PSFNS) is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation providing community services in the Port Stephens LGA.
- 3/5 Phillip Road, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 3 Jacaranda Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 4674
Raymond Terrace Little Friends Playgroup
Raymond Terrace Little Friends Playgroup meets each Tuesday at 9.30am.
- Uniting Church, 58 William Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 0432 957 174
Raymond Terrace MyTime
MyTime provide support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone caring for a child aged 0 to 16 years with a disability or chronic medical condition. The group meets from 9 to 11am each Thursday.
- Irrawang Public School, 21 Geer Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 1800 171 882
- Boomerang Park, Irrawang Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4988 0660
- Shoal Bay Public School hall, Rigney Street, Shoal Bay
- 0448 374 150
SIDS and Kids Hunter Region provides ongoing bereavement support for those affected by the death of a baby or child during pregnancy, birth, infancy or childhood.
- 78 Stewart Avenue, Hamilton South NSW 2303
- 02 4969 3171 — 24 hour phone support
- 37 Port Stephens St, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4983 1844
The Salvation Army — Mainly Music
Songs, activities and playtime for preschoolers and their mums, dads, grandparents and/or carers.
- 15 Carmichael Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4983 1425
The Smith Family facilitate the delivery of a range of services designed to improve outcomes for children from 0 to 12 years old and their families.
- Suite 206, 161 Maitland Road, Mayfield 2304
- PO Box 5 Mayfield 2304
- 02 4960 0572
This program recognises that disadvantaged children need extra support to stay at school and go on to further studies or a job.
A Schools as Community Centre project focused on families with children 0 to 8 years of age.
- Irrawang Primary School, Geer Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 4666
The service supports families through access to parenting and support groups, playtime group, after school children's groups and a volunteers program.
- Mallabula Hall, Lemon Tree Passage Road, Mallabula NSW 2319
- 02 4984 5298
- Town Centre Circuit, Salamander Bay NSW 2317
- 02 4982 0670
A not-for-profit organisation that identifies local community needs and provides relevant information, referral and other services to empower and improve the quality of life for community members and groups.
Operates from Medowie every Tuesday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm for children aged 0 to 5 years.
- OOSH building at Wirreanda Public School, Brocklesby Road, Medowie
- 02 4988 0665
Provides a number of services to parents and pregnant young people, under 25 years, living in the Maitland and Port Stephens LGA.
- Lowrie Lane Wallsend Campus Wallsend 2287
- 02 4924 6550