Weddings and Ceremonies
If you dream of a wedding ceremony on the beach or in a public reserve in Port Stephens you will need a council permit.
Bookings are for a maximum of 2 hours and for the ceremony only. Unfortunately, receptions are NOT permitted on our beaches, parks or reserves.
Please complete the application form and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, drop in to the Port Stephens Visitor Information Centre or phone us on (02) 4988 0900.
- Download the Application for Private Ceremony from our A-Z forms page.
Once the form is complete and payment received, we will issue a permit to hold your ceremony within 7days. Please note that the fee will not be refunded in the event of inclement weather or if you cancel your booking
Key points to consider
Some key points to consider when holding a wedding or formal ceremony on Council parks and reserves:
- Although your booking will ensure that there are no other bookings for the same time and location, we cannot provide exclusive use of the area and its facilities and the space will be open to the general public.
- Although we have lovely weather year round in Port Stephens, we strongly recommend you have a wet weather back up plan.
- When selecting the location for your cereomony, make sure that it is suitable for elderly and mobility impaired guests
- Vehicles are not permitted on Council parks or reserves. Please ensure there is suitable parking for your wedding party and guests.
Parks and Reserves
For more information please contact our Tourism and Events Team on (02) 4988 0900 or email email@example.com.