Last updated: 26 Oct 2020 8:44am
We're continuing to deliver services valued by our community while doing our bit to keep our community, customers and staff COVID-Safe.
- View the latest local case statistics and updates
- View the locations of COVID-19 testing clinics
- View the NSW Government public health order to see what you can and can't do under the rules.
We realise that many businesses, ratepayers and residents are currently experiencing significant challenges at the moment.
Restart Port Stephens
The impacts of COVID-19 present an unprecedented challenge for us now and into the future. As a first line of contact with our community, we have a unique opportunity to support our people and lead Port Stephens during this time.
The Restart Port Stephens plan provides a coordinated framework to manage the short and long term impacts of the pandemic and map the response of Council.
To help us develop the plan, we asked our community how they have coped with the impacts of COVID-19 and how they would like to see us respond. You told us we should:
|Invest in improved infrastructure and community facilities — particularly pathways, roads and COVIDSafe upgrades.||Support social cohesion and community connection programs — including events, community projects, neighbourhood support, respect and caring for each other.||Focus efforts on the economy to support local business, products and diversify employment opportunities.||Protect and enhance our natural environment and improve open outdoor spaces.|
COVID-19 Recovery Response
At its meeting on 14 April, Port Stephens Council voted in favour of a range of measures to support the community through the response, recovery and restart of Port Stephens economy. We will:
- make hardship support more accessible ✓
- commit to local procurement through local businesses ✓
- investigate with NSW Health and emergency services a review of access to boat ramps for locals only ✓ — boat ramps have reopened
- investigate 1 extra kerbside collection for green waste ✓ — we have reopened green waste drop off days
- review Council's grants program, targeted to support our community's response to COVID-19 ✓ — our new grants program will be launched in the coming weeks
- reaffirm the Tourism and Business Support Fund ✓
- investigate the expansion our eLibrary service ✓
- review support for community services ✓
- support NSW Government COVID-19 recommendations and initiatives ✓
- investigate the use of Holiday Parks to support the most vulnerable in our community ✓
- commit to the preparation of a full Community Response and Recovery Plan. ✓
For more information about Council meetings, see meeting dates, agendas and minutes.