Teramby Road, Nelson Bay
|Expected start month
|Expected completion month
|Landslip rectification 1
|Landslip rectification 2
(retaining wall, drainage upgrades, new footpath and dive site upgrade)
Landslip rectification 1 works near Teramby Road have been made possible via TfNSW Declared Event Recovery Funding.
Landslip rectifcation 2 works (retaining wall, drainage and dive site upgrade) have been made possible by Crown Lands Grant and TfNSW Declared Event Recovery Funding.
Landslip rectification works 1 - work has finished and the site has now reopened.
Landslip rectification works 2 - this project will commence in February 2024 with another retaining wall structure, new pathway and drainage improvements, including formalising existing make-shift access for divers with concrete stairs and a dive preparation area.
Please note that there will be no public access to the dive site during construction.
In March 2021 Port Stephens Council LGA was impacted by a ‘Declared Natural Disaster’.
One of the affected locations was the slope in Teramby Road, Nelson Bay. This site experienced a landslip during the event from the significant volume of water experienced during the storm resulting in the slope to collapse, and a substantial landslip occurred.
This location requires remediation due to the safety and risk concerns for people, property and the environment.
- Remediation of the landslip area by the installation of a retaining wall structure
- Installation of stormwater drainage line to help control stormwater surface runoff
- Construction of a 1.2m reinforced concrete pathway
- Continuation of existing handrail at the top of the embankment
- Remediation of the landslip area (further down Teramby Road) to install another retaining wall
- Drainage improvements to existing stormwater
- Improve pedestrian safety with a new pathway alongside the cafe to the dive site
- Upgrade access to dive entry and stairs including a dive preparation table
- Installation of compliance signage for the area