Projects and works
Find out about projects and works that are happening near you and right across Port Stephens. View the latest updates.
Navigate our interactive map by clicking on the pins to learn more about these works or view the map in a new window.
19 September 2023
- Fly Point to Halifax Shared Path, Nelson Bay and Victoria Parade HPAA: Concrete pours on the shared path continue along Victoria Parade around Fly Point.
- Raymond Terrace Depot: We have now resolved the last of the contaminated land issues. The builders will now progress delivering the driveway and remaining works impacted by the contaminated land. Concurrently our own staff are delivering additional works to enable occupation including the procurement of a sheltered area for deliveries, line marking, wayfinding signage and other WHS related final fitout.
- Port Stephens Drive, Taylors Beach/Salamander Bay: Our fencing contractor is completing the finishing touches on this project.
- Little Beach Amenities replacement - Nelson Bay: After some major supply delays, progress is being made on the Amenities at Little Beach. The roof was installed this week with wall cladding and internal fit out to commence soon.
- Lemon Tree Passage Rd, Tanilba Bay: Pavement subbase and widening of stormwater culverts have progressed this week with the work of two separate construction teams expediting progress.
- Lemon Tree Passage Foreshore Shared Path - Henderson Park to Rudd Reserve: Concrete pours continued through Rudd Reserve this week while the team continued with installation of electrical conduits for the lighting upgrade, installation of the new micro mesh bridge, stormwater extensions and kerb and guttering.
- Lemon Tree Passage - Town Square Upgrade: Form work and concrete prep commenced this week. Mass concrete pours are scheduled for next week. The design shown below will be etched into the concrete giving the plaza an artistic look and feel.
- Avenue of the Allies, Tanilba Bay: Following tree removal preparation works have got underway with construction of temporary access tracks for residents while new pavement is constructed.
- Marine Drive, Fingal Bay: Ecologist preclearance survey and minor tree removal works have been completed onsite this week.
- Beach Road, Nelson Bay: Works commenced this week on the drainage pipe and pit construction.
Projects staring next week:
- Yulong Oval Sports Amenities – Major Works: Yulong Oval Sports Amenities Major Works contract has been entered into and demolition works on site are scheduled to start on 25 September 2023.
- Salamander Bay Sports Complex – Drainage and Irrigation Upgrades: Work commences next week to improve drainage and irrigation prior to the start of the summer sport season.