Projects and works
Find out about projects and works that are happening near you and right across Port Stephens. View the latest updates.
Navigate our interactive map by clicking on the pins to learn more about these works or view the map in a new window.
1 July 2022
- William Street: Progress is continuing on the Williams Street deck and shade structure at the pedestrian crossing in Raymond Terrace. The deck footings are installed and the timber substructure is being constructed. The deck will be completed in a couple of weeks and the shade structure will take shape after that.
- Medowie Rd, Medowie – Shared Path: Progress continued on this project with some connection to existing paths being poured.
- Duns Creek Rd, Duns Creek – Blackspot Upgrade: The Road Safety Audit of the completed project – required as part of the Blackspot Program - was undertaken this week and passed.
- Newline Rd, East Seaham – Road Upgrade: This project reached a milestone this week with the first in-situ stabilization shifts completed yesterday on a 600m section.
- Raymond Terrace Depot: Additional contamination testing is underway following a second round of excavation for contaminated land around the old fuel tanks. The second half of the concrete slab has been poured for the administration building. Bulk earthworks continue on the proposed workshop area of the site.
- Cabbage Tree Rd, Williamtown – Road Upgrade: Concurrent day work and night work progressed this project with 1300t of asphalt being placed and final earthworks and driveway headwall installs being undertaken. The road will now remain open without traffic control until next Tuesday 5 July.
- Fly Point Amphitheatre: Works on the replacement of the handrail and repaint of the amphitheatre at Fly Point, Nelson Bay began this week.
- Gan Gan Rd, One Mile – Road Upgrade: Drainage improvements got underway this week.