Lemon Tree Passage Town Square and Foreshore shared path
|Project||Expected start month||Expected completion month||Status||Budget||Contribution|
|Town Square||July 2023||November 2023||Completed||$550k|
|Foreshore shared path|
|Northern foreshore shared path,|
stage 2 (from Marine Drive to Rudd Reserve)
|November 2023||December 2023||In progress||$338k|
24 November 2023
Town square upgrades
We've completed this project and it's ready for community events.
Foreshore shared pathway
The final pour along the new Cook Parade shared path has been completed. The final section of the new shared path through Henderson Park commences this week.
This project has been developed with the in-house landscape and architectural design expertise of Community Assets and Capital Works teams.
An exciting project with plenty of community interest and tight delivery timeframes, it should make a great addition to the range of community spaces already incorporated within Henderson Park.
Some of the key project milestones for this project include:
- Site works and excavation - soil excavation and removal including trenching. These works have been ongoing and are looking to be complete by the end of August/early September.
- Slab installation - concrete slab pour will happen in two stages (Stage 1 – café slab, stage 2 – main slab in garden areas). These works will take the project all the way through mid-October.
- Installation of shade structure/awning – installation of the new awning located on the side of the café alongside the shade structures in the garden area over the new seating area. These are programed to be done once the concrete slabs are poured, with the café awning being complete first.
- Landscaping - we have landscaping works including additional trees being planted in the garden area which are due to arrive by end of September.
Lemon Tee Passage Foreshore Shared Path
The works include:
- Installation of a 2.5m wide concrete shared path through the foreshore reserve
- Widening of an existing pedestrian bridge
- Installation of a raised pedestrian crossing across the entry and exit lanes into the boat ramp at Henderson Park
- Moving an existing rock pile to use as bank stabilisation, reducing further erosion of the foreshore
- Installation of bench seats along the pathway
The section of pathway from the Kooindah Park parking area to Rudd Reserve is currently unfunded and isn’t part of this stage of construction works.