Families and children
If you would like to add or change a listing, please email email@example.com.
Anna Bay Supported Playgroup
Supported playgroup provides opportunity for parents and children to enhance their relationship in a supportive environment, increase their skills and confidence and develop valuable social and family support networks. Held every Monday in the school term from 9:15 to 11:30am.
- Anna Bay Public School. 191 Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay NSW 2316
- 02 4982 1767
Brighter Futures — The Benevolent Society
Brighter Futures supports families experiencing domestic violence, mental health and difficult child behavior.
- Level 1, 14 Garnett Road, East Maitland NSW 2323
- 02 4035 8500
Child Development Team
A specialist child development unit for families with children aged 18 months to 12 years. The Child Development Team specialises in providing developmental assessments for children.
- Harker Building, Longworth Avenue, Wallsend NSW 2287
- 02 4924 6190
Christians Against Poverty
Corlette Grow N Groove Playgroup
Grow N Groove Playgroup is for children aged under 2. They meet Fridays from 10am to 12 midday.
- 49 Sandy Point Road, Corlette NSW 2317
- 0419 162 994
Defence Community Organisation
- RAAF Base Williamtown NSW 2314
- 02 4034 6973
The Early Links program provides time-limited support to families of children aged less than 9 around the time of their child’s diagnosis with a disability or developmental delay.
- 19 Galway Bay Drive, Ashtonfield 2323
- 02 4934 3773
eTutors Project is a not-for-profit tutoring network that aims to provide financially disadvantaged students from K-9 with free online tutoring sessions.
Family Action Centre (FAC)
The Family Action Centre at the University of Newcastle aims to strengthen family and community wellbeing.
- The Station, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308
- 02 4921 6858
Fern Bay OOSH — Thrive Kids
- Fern Bay Public School, Vardon Road, Fern Bay
- 02 4988 0308
Gan Gan Family Centre
- Anna Bay Public School, 191 Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay NSW 2316
- 02 4982 1767
Goodstart Early Learning Childcare Centre Anna Bay
- 6 Clark Street, Anna Bay NSW 2316
- 02 4982 2455
Home-Start Family Services Australia
Home-Start is a Voluntary Home Service in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families with at least one child under 5 where the parents are experiencing difficulty in their parenting roles or are under stress.
- 10 Hobart Road, New Lambton NSW 2305
- 02 4952 9488
Hunter Region No Interest Loan Scheme
Hunter Region No Interest Loans Scheme (HRNILS) provides no interest loans to low income families throughout the Newcastle Hunter region.
- 4/42 William Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 7660
Interrelate is a not-for-profit provider of relationship services that specialises in supporting parents and children
- 495 Hunter Street, Newcastle NSW 2300
- 02 4016 0550
Kaleidoscope — Child and Family Health Nursing
Child and Family Health Nursing (CFHN) is a primary health care service providing a wide range of health care and health promotional services to children and families.
Karingal Preschool Nelson Bay
Karingal Preschool offers full-day Early Childhood Education and Care from 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday. The preschool is closed on Public & School Holidays.
- 14 Gowrie Avenue, Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- 02 4981 2172
A small community-based preschool enrolling 35 children from 2 to 6 years. The preschool maintains partnerships with both the Indigenous and non-Indigenous community.
- Engel Avenue, Karuah NSW 2324
- 02 4997 5670
Kinship Care — supporting grandparents as parents
- 36 Warabrook Blvd, Warabrook NSW 2304
- 02 4969 7886 or 0429 914 553
KU Peninsula Preschool
KU Peninsula Preschool operates Monday to Friday for ages 2 to 6. Approved for Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). Extended hours available.
- 60 Pershing Place, Tanilba Bay NSW 2319
- 02 4982 3398
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities.
- Port Stephens Hub, Shearwater Business Park, 3/7 Sky Close, Taylors Beach NSW
- 1800 634 748
Life Without Barriers
Life Without Barriers are an organisation that partners with people to change lives for the better. They are seeking carers in the community to help vulnerable children and young people thrive.
McAuley Outreach Service — Mercy Services
McAuley Outreach Service provides a home-based counselling service for parents (with young children) who have drug and/or alcohol problems affecting the family function.
Medowie OOSH and Vacation Care — Thrive Kids
- Medowie Public School hall, Ferodale Road, Medowie
- 0427 754 863
Medowie Tigers Playgroup
- Medowie Community Centre, 44 Ferodale Road, Medowie NSW 2318
Mental Health Carers ARAFMI Hunter
- 32 Brunker Road Broadmeadow NSW 2292
- 02 4922 1500
Port Stephens Activity Van Preschool offers a challenging and stimulating educational program that provides opportunities for children to try new experiences, practice new skills and enjoy play at their personal developmental level.
- Administration office: 02 4988 0308
- Service mobile: 0428 951 387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson Bay Preschool
- 1 Dalton Street Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- 02 4981 1372
Newcastle Multiple Birth Club
Newcastle Multiple Birth Club (NMBC) offers support to parents of twins, triplets or more, and to those expecting a multiple birth.
- PO Box 135 Adamstown NSW 2289
- 0416 261 969
One Door Newcastle Carer Services
One Door Carer Services provides information, education, advocacy and support through the Family and Carer Mental Health Program (FCMHP).
- G2/69 Cowper St, Wallsend 2287
Play2Learn — Raymond Terrace
Play2Learn offers supported playgroups for 0-5 years during term time, and is free of charge. They meet Wednesdays from 10am to 12 midday.
- Raymond Terrace Public School, Swan Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
Play2Learn — Tanilba Bay
Play2Learn offers supported playgroups for 0-5 years during term time, and is free of charge. They meet Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11:30am.
- Tanilba Bay Public School, 1a King Street, Tanilba Bay 2319
Playtime Nelson Bay
- 19 Government Road, Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- 02 4984 2886
Port Stephens Family Neighborhood Services
Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Services (PSFNS) is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation providing community services in the Port Stephens LGA.
- 3/5 Phillip Road, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 3 Jacaranda Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 4674
Port Stephens Family Day Care
- 57-59 Port Stephens Street Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4988 0308
Raymond Terrace Community Preschool
- 3 Sketchley Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 2515
Raymond Terrace Early Education Centre
- 88 Benjamin Lee Drive, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 1588
Raymond Terrace Little Friends Playgroup
Raymond Terrace Little Friends Playgroup meets each Tuesday at 9.30am.
- Uniting Church, 58 William Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 0432 957 174
Raymond Terrace MyTime
MyTime provide support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone caring for a child aged 0 to 16 years with a disability or chronic medical condition. The group meets from 9 to 11am each Thursday.
- Irrawang Public School, 21 Geer Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 1800 171 882
Raymond Terrace OOSH and Vacation Care — Thrive Kids
- Boomerang Park, Irrawang Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4988 0660
Salamander Child Care Centre
- 155 Salamander Way, Salamander Bay NSW 2317
- 02 4982 0777
Seaham OOSH — Thrive Kids
- Seaham Public School hall, Still Street, Seaham
- 0473 241 543
- 10 Torrence Street Seaham NSW 2324
- 02 4988 7126
A multidisciplinary therapeutic practice that hosts therapies for diverse young children with a range of needs.
- 23 Rosegum Road, Warabrook
- 02 4013 1939
Shoal Bay OOSH and Vacation Care — Thrive Kids
- Shoal Bay Public School hall, Rigney Street, Shoal Bay
- 0448 374 150
SIDS and Kids Hunter Region
SIDS and Kids Hunter Region provides ongoing bereavement support for those affected by the death of a baby or child during pregnancy, birth, infancy or childhood.
- 78 Stewart Avenue, Hamilton South NSW 2303
- 02 4969 3171 — 24 hour phone support
Spirited — A Creative Play Cafe
- 12 Innovation Close, Taylors Beach NSW
- 02 4982 2065
St Nicholas Early Education
- 20a Kangaroo Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4988 5200
Medowie location opening early 2021
St Vincent De Paul Society — Raymond Terrace
- 37 Port Stephens St, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4983 1844
The Salvation Army — Mainly Music
Songs, activities and playtime for preschoolers and their mums, dads, grandparents and/or carers.
- 15 Carmichael Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4983 1425
The Smith Family — Communities for Children
The Smith Family facilitate the delivery of a range of services designed to improve outcomes for children from 0 to 12 years old and their families.
- Suite 206, 161 Maitland Road, Mayfield 2304
- PO Box 5 Mayfield 2304
- 02 4960 0572
The Smith Family — Learning for Life
This program recognises that disadvantaged children need extra support to stay at school and go on to further studies or a job.
Thou-Walla Family Centre
A Schools as Community Centre project focused on families with children 0 to 8 years of age.
- Irrawang Primary School, Geer Street, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- 02 4987 4666
Tilligerry Family Network Service
The service supports families through access to parenting and support groups, playtime group, after school children's groups and a volunteers program.
- Mallabula Hall, Lemon Tree Passage Road, Mallabula NSW 2319
- 02 4984 5298
Tomaree Coastal Adventures
Offers children's nature immersion sessions in Port Stephens.
Tomaree Library and Community Centre
- Town Centre Circuit, Salamander Bay NSW 2317
- 02 4982 0670
Tomaree Neighborhood Centre
A not-for-profit organisation that identifies local community needs and provides relevant information, referral and other services to empower and improve the quality of life for community members and groups.
- Town Centre Circuit, Salamander Bay NSW 2317
- 02 4984 6200
Tomaree OOSH and Vacation Care — Thrive Kids
- Tomaree Public School, Salamander Way, Salamander Bay
- 0419 533 614
UnitingCare Medowie Children's Centre
- 40 Brushbox Avenue, Medowie NSW 2318
- 02 4982 9622
- Morpeth Street, Wallalong NSW 2320
- 02 4930 5339
Williamtown RAAF Base Playgroup
Operates from Medowie every Tuesday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm for children aged 0 to 5 years.
Wirreanda OOSH — Thrive Kids
- OOSH building at Wirreanda Public School, Brocklesby Road, Medowie
- 02 4988 0665
Young Parents Network
Provides a number of services to parents and pregnant young people, under 25 years, living in the Maitland and Port Stephens LGA.
- Lowrie Lane Wallsend Campus Wallsend 2287
- 02 4924 6550