Our Mobile Preschool offers a challenging and stimulating educational program. We provide opportunities for children to try new experiences, practice new skills and enjoy playing with their peers.
We believe it's important for children to have a positive early learning experience. These experiences can affect how confidently they transition into 'big school'. We aim to make sure children learn skills to make this change as smoothly as possible.
Our Mobile Preschool is a quality program funded by the NSW Department of Education.
- care and learning experiences for children aged 3 to 5 years
- qualified, experienced and caring Educators
- a comprehensive school readiness program
- fee subsidies from the State Government means preschool sessions are free for 2021 and 2022.
The Mobile Preschool travels around the Port Stephens region, visiting our different communities. See below to find out where we visit near you:
- Mondays from 9am to 3pm
- Gateway Presbyterian Church, 43 Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay
- Tuesdays from 9am to 3pm
- Fern Bay Community Hall, Vardon Road, Fern Bay
- Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm
- Fridays from 8:45am to 2:45pm
- Wednesday: Grahamstown Public School, Hastings Drive, Raymond Terrace
- Friday: Raymond Terrace OOSH, Corner of William and Irrawang Street, Raymond Terrace
- Thursdays from 9am to 3pm
- Medowie Community hall, Corner Ferodale and Medowie Road, Medowie
Our daily routine
|9am||Children arrive at the mobile preschool venue and are encouraged to participate in indoor or outdoor activities|
|10.45am||Children get ready for lunch and spend time with friends and educators as they enjoy their snacks.|
|11.30am||Outdoor or indoor activities are available for children to experience and enjoy time with friends and educators.|
|12.45pm||Children enjoy afternoon tea with friends and educators.|
|1.30pm||Rest time or quiet time is available. Children are encouraged to have some time to themselves or quietly interact in small groups.|
|2pm||Group time activities that encourage children's music and movement development.|
|2.30pm||Group activities that encourage children's listening, turn taking and social skills.|
|3pm||Children get ready to be picked up by their parent or caregiver.|
Fees are outlined in the current Port Stephens Council Fee Schedule.
Fee payment policy
Permanently booked positions are to be paid for the days for which the child is enrolled whether the child attends or not, except for public holidays and some school holiday periods.
Fees are to be maintained at 2 weeks in advance. If fees are not maintained care may be cancelled. Any reduction in days permanently booked, requires 14 days notice.
All account enquiries are to be directed to the administration staff during office hours.