Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management
The Port Stephens Council Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management was developed throughout the 1990's, endorsed by Council in 2001, and approved by the Department of Planning in 2002. This plan of management helps Council manage community development and the conservation of Koalas in Port Stephens.
The Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management aims to communicate to the community koala conservation activities in Port Stephens, including:
- identified koala habitats
- threats posed to koalas
- further koala conservation activities in the area.
There are 13 objectives outlined in the plan of management and these objectives are to be met with support from the community and key stakeholders.
Planning and Development
The Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management is used in the following ways:
- planning process
- providing guidance for strategic and development planning
- Port Stephens Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management (PDF 276KB)
- Port Stephens Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management - Part 2 (PDF 4 MB)
- Port Stephens Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management - Part 3 (PDF 2 MB)
- Port Stephens Comprehensive Koala Habitat Assessment Process (PDF 1.63KB)
- Port Stephens Koala Habitat Planning Map (PDF 3MB)
- Koala Planning Map Medowie and Tilligerry (PDF 1.85MB)
Port Stephens Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management (CKPoM) Steering Committee
The CKPoM Steering Committee was established in 2001 and is made of a number of representatives and organisations across the LGA who have an interest in, or manage Koalas and their habitat. The purpose of the CKPoM Steering Committee is to oversee the implementation of the Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management (CKPoM):
“…to encourage the proper conservation and management of areas of natural vegetation that provide habitat for koalas, to ensure permanent free-living populations over their present range and to reverse the current trend of population decline.”
The role of the CKPoM Steering Committee is to:
- Implement the CKPoM and its Action Plan
- Monitor the impact of implementing the CKPoM Action Plan
- Advise Port Stephens Council on any further measures to protect and support the Port Stephens’ Koala population.
If you would like to contact the CKPoM Committee or provide any feedback or information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org