Hunter Estuary Coastal Zone Plan of Management
The Hunter Estuary Coastal Zone Management Plan aims to guide future decision-making regarding the management of the Hunter Estuary and surrounding area.
The Hunter Estuary makes up a triangle between the following river locations:
- Port of Newcastle at the start of the Hunter River
- Oakhampton on the Hunter River
- Seaham Weir on the Williams River
- Gostwyck on the Paterson River
The estuary is the home to a number of resident and migratory animals, a water source for agriculture, a recreational waterway and a commercial resource. Because of this, it is important that there is an integrated approach to the management of the estuary.
- Hunter Estuary and Coastal Zone Management Plan (PDF 2.4MB)
- Hunter Estuary Management Study (2009) (PDF 4.7MB)
- Hunter Estuary Processes Study (2003) (PDF 18.8KB)