Development Control Plan
The Port Stephens Development Control Plan 2014 (DCP) provides further guidance to the Port Stephens Local Environmental Plan 2013 (LEP). It was adopted by Council on Tuesday 14 July 2015 and became effective on Thursday 6 August 2015.
The DCP is available in separate sections or as a complete document below:
- DCP Section A — Introduction (PDF 1 MB)
- DCP Section B — General Provisions (PDF 1 MB)
- DCP Section C — Development Types (PDF 700 KB)
- DCP Section D — Specific Areas (PDF 2.5 MB)
- DCP Section E — Schedules (PDF 380 KB)
- Port Stephens Development Control Plan 2014 (PDF 5.3 MB)
The table below describes amendments made to the DCP since its adoption
The amendment gives effect to Council's resolution of 27 July 2021. The amendment inserted Part D17 to provide a site specific DCP for the area known as the Stockton Rifle Range at Fern Bay, satisfying the requirements of clause 6.3 under the Port Stephens Local Environment Plan 2013.
The amendment came in effect on 20 May 2022.
Natural resources technical specifications:
- Tree Technical Specification (PDF 795KB)
- Vegetation Technical Specification (PDF 75KB)
- Landscape Technical Specification (PDF 512KB)
- Nest Box Technical Specification (PDF 106KB)
- Noxious Weeds Technical Specification (PDF 52KB)
- Guide to developing a Weed Management Plan (PDF 228KB)
Water Sensitive Urban Design Strategy areas
There are a number of locations for which a Water Sensitive Urban Design Strategy (5.4 MB) has been prepared and endorsed by Council. This document has been prepared for the purposes of Objective B4.C of the Port Stephens Development Control Plan 2014.