Vibrant spaces fund
A strong, creative and vibrant cultural economy is fundamental to all great places. Dynamic and liveable cities support creative expression, social connection and community pride. Just as importantly, they attract business and investment, support the retention of a skilled workforce and create opportunities for new enterprise, trade and export.
Creating vibrancy in our town centres and public spaces requires a collaborative approach. It requires ownership from Council, business and the community to deliver programs that deliver a diverse range of experiences which connect the way we work, live and play.
These activities need to reflect the culture, heritage and identity of each community and ultimately, contribute to the wellbeing of those who use the space.
The Vibrant Spaces Fund could include initiatives such as:
- small events and markets
- artistic and creative upgrades to streets including public art projects, creative lighting and tactile installations
- historical or place interpretation and interactive experiences like signage, art and trails
- decorations activating shopfronts and festive season promotions
- repurposing existing commercial space
- music and performances in the park
- greening and beautification projects
- anything that injects life, energy and vibrancy into our public spaces.
This could be a one-off project or a series of smaller projects over time.
- Round 1: 28 August 2023 to 22 September 2023
- Round 2: 19 February 2024 to 5 April 2024
A total of $50,000 is available, with up to $6,000 maximum per application.
- incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or charities
- registered businesses with an ABN
- sole traders
- community and volunteer groups (for example, Landcare groups)
- service organisations
- town teams
For unincorporated community groups or individuals, we recommend you partner with a local business to participate in this program.
How to apply
For more information and apply online
|Kate Murray||Seaham Shared Pathways|
|Tanilba House||Telling Tanilba Bays History|
|UP&UP||Gateway to Port Stephens Mural|
|Curious Legends||Stingray Dreaming|
|Savills Australia||Bus Stop Mural|
|Boxes of Beauty|
Verge Beautification Project
|Homegrown||Homegrown Port Stephens|
|Soldiers Point Public School P&C||SPPS Community Cinema under the Stars|
|Irrawang High School||Live and Local Activations - William Street, RAYMOND TERRACE|
|Port Stephens Produce Market||Port Stephens Produce Market|
|Absolutely Beautiful Flowers||Botanical mural on William St, Raymond Terrace|