Support for Businesses
There are a number of services available to help businesses in Port Stephens, including those detailed below. Should you wish to discuss a concern which is not covered, we are here to assist. Please email [email protected] or call Council on 4988 0255.
Stay COVID safe! COVID safe behaviors are as important as ever. Wash or sanitise hands and work surfaces regularly, and wear a mask if appropriate. Staff who are unwell should stay home until acute symptoms have passed, then follow heath advice about returning to work.
Safe Work Australia publishes a wide range of resources covering many work health and safety topics.
- AusIndustry — Tim Cotter (Regional Manager) [email protected]
- The Business Centre, Newcastle Region — Martin McKenzie (Business Advisor) [email protected] or view their YouTube channel
- AusTrade — Sharon Foster (Senior Export/Tradestart Advisor Central Coast & Hunter) [email protected]
- Running a Home Business? This information will help you start and run a flourishing business. It will also assist with transitioning when your business outgrows your home.
- Service NSW for Business – NSW Government support to start, run and grow your business, and adapt in times of change.
- NSW Government information for business – learn about starting and running a business in NSW, including financial and business advisory support available to you.
- Australian Government information for business – information, grants, services and support from across government, to help your business succeed.
- Industry Capability Network – contact Dusko Bajic (Business Development Hunter) [email protected]
- Regional Development Australia (RDA) – Hunter
- Hunter Research Foundation
- University of Newcastle’s Industry Development Centre – Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise
- HunterNet Co-operative Limited
- AusTender – the Australian government’s procurement information system
- Department of Industry, Science and Resources
- Federal Fair Work Commission
- Intellectual Property Australia
- NSW Environment Protection Agency
- NSW Department of Planning & Environment
- NSW Small Business Commissioner
- Safe Work NSW
- Department of Regional NSW
- Beyond Zero Emissions
- Hunter-Central Coast Renewable Energy Zone
- Hunter Hydrogen Technology Cluster
- Service NSW emergencies and natural disasters guides – plans, guides and contact details for expert advisors to help your business adapt and recover after a crisis or natural disaster.
- University of Newcastle industry placements – The majority of UoN students now undertake work-integrated learning and real on the job experience, as part of their degree. This provides a great opportunity for businesses to connect with their future workforce.