Pay my rates online
Did you know you can now pay your rates online via our online payment portal?
- You can pay your rates online from your financial institution account using BPAY.
- Visit bpoint.com.au to pay from your Visa or Mastercard. Quote Biller Code 4333 and your assessment number.
- contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to pay from your cheque or savings account
- quote Biller Code 4333 and your assessment number.
- call 1300 BPOINT or 1300 276 468
- quote biller code 4333 and your assessment number.
Change of address form
If you've moved or your address has changed - make sure you let us know!
Find frequently asked questions about rates below:
- 31 August
- 30 November
- 28 February
- 31 May
- you must be a pensioner with a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or a Veterans Affairs TPI or EDA gold card, and
- the property must be your sole or principal place of residence, and
- you must own the property or be legally liable to pay the rates on the property.
- base amount — a flat amount common to all properties
- ad valorem component — an amount calculated on the land value of your property.
To find your rate category and charges for the current financial year, see our Current Rate Categories and Charges.
- how the change in your land value compares to the average change in land values across Port Stephens, and
- the extent to which the council can, if necessary, moderate large rises or falls in individual rate bills by altering the base rate/ad valorem percentages.
How to apply
- Register for Council's Online Services. Order a certificate and pay for it securely online. Payments made using a credit card will incur a fee of up to 1%.
- email email@example.com — we will obtain your credit card details over the phone * best option for urgent requests
- mail to PO Box 42 Raymond Terrace 2324 (DX 21406 Raymond Terrace)
- in person to our Administration Building at 116 Adelaide Street Raymond Terrace