Road closures due to heavy rain
Publish Date 18/03/2021
- Foreshore Drive, Corlette
- Marine Drive, Fingal Bay — near Barry Park
- Old Swan Bay Road, Twelve Mile Creek — Medowie Road to Pond Road
- Teramby Road, Nelson Bay — one lane closed
Water over the road:
- Swan Bay Road, Swan Bay — near number 898
- Boat ramps — Fishermans Bay
- Samurai Beach
- Tomaree Summit Walk remains closed to all access due to a large landslip following the storm event
- Worimi Conservation Lands (including the recreational vehicle area) is temporarily closed to all camping and beach driving.
What to do during a storm or flood:
- For assistance call SES on 132 500 or if the situation is life-threatening call 000.
- If you need sandbags to protect your home, call SES on 132 500
- Stay home and avoid unnecessary travel.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- If outdoors, seek secure shelter away from drains, waterways, trees and power lines.
What to do after a storm or flood:
- We've put together some useful information to help our community recover after the storms and flooding at portstephens.nsw.gov.au/recovery