Birubi Surf Club
Venue Address: Birubi beach, Anna Bay, New South Wales
Off season — 1 June to 25 September
Lifeguard services operate at One Mile Beach only from 9am to 4pm, 7 days a week. All beach users should follow the COVID-19 public health order and maintain physical distancing.
There are no lifeguard services at Birubi Beach and Fingal Beach during this time. All water activities are undertaken at the person's own risk and in accordance with the public health order and physical distancing rules.
Beach season — 26 September to late May
Professional lifeguards patrol all beaches from 9am to 5pm in Spring and Autumn and 9am to 6pm in Summer. They operate on weekdays at Birubi and Fingal beaches and 7 days per week at One Mile.
Volunteer lifesavers operate on weekends at Birubi and Fingal Beach from 9am to 5pm for the entire season.
About Birubi Beach
Birubi Beach is located at Anna Bay and is the northern most section of the 'Golden Bite' — a huge expanse of beach which extends from Stockton in Newcastle to Port Stephens. The beach itself is accessed at the end of James Patterson Street, Anna Bay and is one of the gateways for 4wd vehicles to the Stockton Beach dunes. The design of the Birubi Beach club house is award-winning and it provides spectacular views of the ocean, dunes and coastline.
- Kiosk / café
- Outdoor seating and picnic area
- Amenities including disabled toilets
- Car parking
- Formal access ramp onto the beach
- Birubi Beach provides the access point to Stockton Bight sand dunes and the Recreation Vehicle Area
Beach water safety
- The safest place to swim at the beach is between the red and yellow flags.
- Mark a reference point on the shore to avoid drifting.
- Always read the surf conditions board.
- If you think conditions are too rough for you, don't go in.
- Always swim with a friend, never alone.
- Swim parallel to, and not away from, the shore when you swim long distances.
- Swim in well-lit areas so you can be seen if you get into trouble.
- For your safety, leave the water immediately when requested by a lifeguard.
|Organisation||Phone||Email or Website|
Port Stephens Lifeguard Supervisor (Professional)
0418 498 581
Emergency after hours — police, ambulance, fire brigade
Port Stephens Council Customer Service and after hours
02 4988 0255
Birubi Beach Surf Club — Volunteers
02 4981 9253
Birubi Beach Lifeguard Tower
02 4981 9944
02 4919 0446