Dog park maps
Port Stephens has numerous parks and reserves where dogs may be exercised off-lead. Find out where you can exercise your dogs on or off leash and the dog prohibited areas.
Responsibilities of dog owners
- If your dog is in a public place, it must be under the effective control of a competent person by means of an adequate chain or leash. The exceptions to this are: dogs exhibited at a show or engaging in obedience or agility trials or a dog secured in a cage or in an approved off-leash area.
- If your dog is being exercised in an approved off-leash area it must always be under effective control of a competent person.
- You are not permitted to walk more than 4 dogs at any one time in an on-leash or an off-leash area.
- Greyhounds must be muzzled at all times when in a public place, except if the greyhound has successfully completed an approved greyhound retraining program and the greyhound wears an approved collar when it is a public place.
- If your dog defecates in a public place, it is an offence not to remove the faeces.
- Dogs are prohibited in children's play areas, food preparation/consumption areas, recreation areas, public bathing areas, school grounds, child care centres, shopping areas and wildlife protection areas.
Fenced dog parks
Fenced dog parks are located in the following areas:
- Lancaster Park, Soldiers Point — open 7am to 7pm
- Fingal Bay Foreshore, Fingal Bay
- Coachwood Drive Reserve, Medowie
Please see the Animals and Pets page for more information on pet ownership in Port Stephens.
Dog exercise maps as PDFs
- Anna Bay/Birubi Point and Boat Harbour Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 902KB)
- Corlette to Nelson Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 982KB)
- Fingal Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.6MB)
- Karuah Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 359KB)
- Medowie Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.0MB)
- Nelson Bay and Shoal Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 826KB)
- Raymond Terrace Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 897KB)
- Seaham Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.5MB)
- Soldiers Point Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.4MB)
- Tilligerry Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 793KB)