Dog park maps
Port Stephens has numerous parks and reserves where dogs may be exercised off-lead. The following information outlines the areas in each town where you may exercise your dogs on/off leash and the dog prohibited areas.
Responsibilities of dog owners
- If your dog is in a public place it must be under the effective control of a competent person by means of an adequate chain or leash. The exceptions to this are: dogs exhibited at a show or engaging in obedience or agility trials or a dog secured in a cage or in an approved off-leash area;
- If your dog is being exercised in an approved off-leash area it must always be under effective control of a competent person;
- You are not permitted to walk more than 4 dogs at any one time in an on-leash or an off-leash area;
- Greyhounds must be muzzled at all times when in a public place, except if the greyhound has successfully completed an approved greyhound retraining program and the greyhound wears an approved collar when it is a public place;
- If your dog defecates in a public place it is an offence not to remove the faeces; and
- Dogs are prohibited in children's play areas, food preparation/consumption areas, recreation areas, public bathing areas, school grounds, child care centres, shopping areas and wildlife protection areas.
Please see the Animals and Pets page for more information on pet ownership in Port Stephens.
Dog exercise maps as PDFs
- Anna Bay/Birubi Point and Boat Harbour Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 902KB)
- Corlette to Nelson Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 982KB)
- Fingal Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.6MB)
- Karuah Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 359KB)
- Medowie Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.0MB)
- Nelson Bay and Shoal Bay Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 826KB)
- Raymond Terrace Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 897KB)
- Seaham Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.5MB)
- Soldiers Point Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 1.4MB)
- Tilligerry Dog Exercise Areas (PDF 793KB)