- In life threatening situations call 000
- For major bushfire incident updates, call the NSW Rural Fire Service on 1800 679 737
- For emergency help in flood, storms and tsunamis, call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500
- For general NSW SES enquiries, call 138 737
- For weather updates and flood warnings, visit bom.gov.au/nsw
- For live updates on local traffic conditions and road closures, visit Live Traffic NSW or Council’s Emergency Dashboard
- For updates on power outages, visit Ausgrid or Essential Energy
- For information on heatwaves or pandemics, visit NSW Health
- For live radio updates, tune into 1233 ABC Newcastle
Port Stephens emergency dashboard
The Port Stephens emergency dashboard gives you real-time updates on local emergencies, road closures, power outages and weather warnings.
Get ready for an emergency
Get ready for an emergency in 5 simple steps. Find out how to prepare for different types of emergencies, plus information on how to get ready for an emergency for business.
What to do during an emergency
What to do during an emergency, when to evacuate and where to go. Find out what to do in the event of a fire, flood, storm, tsunami or other types of emergencies.
Recovering after an emergency
What to do after an emergency like a fire, flood, storm, tsunami and more. Find out when it's safe to return home, what to do when you return home and where to go for help.
The following links provide valuable information relating to Emergency Management within New South Wales.
Learn about Council's role in managing bushfire risk in Port Stephens, including Asset Protection Zones, Hazard Reduction Burns and Fire Trails.