Tilligerry Habitat Tanilba Bay
Tilligerry Habitat Reserve is a 9 ha flora and fauna reserve along a sandy foreshore on Tanilba Bay between the townships of Tanilba Bay and Mallabula.
- free entry with map available from straw bale Environment Centre
- easy walking tracks on gravel paths and boardwalks.
- scenic swamp mahogany paperbark forest
- regenerating heath and woodland
- Chorus Creek wetlands
- souvenir shop
- native nursery
- many native birds
- native flora (native orchids and bush tucker plants in season)
- guided walks on local history, culture and the environment (with fee)
- occasional koalas, echidnas and bandicoots in the wild
- rehabilitation and other information displays
- tour group catering, toilets etc
Tilligerry Habitat Association is a not for profit, charitable, incorporated association that manages the crown land reserve and staffs the Environment Centre.
Our members volunteer their time to staff the environment centre 7 days a week between 9am and 3pm and 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday and Sunday. They also supervise volunteer work teams on Mondays and Friday. Members and volunteers have worked for this site since 1993 with the goal of preserving, supporting and improving it for locals and visitors.
People from all over the world come to meet an Aussie – and sometimes they see a koala as well. You can help us by volunteering to man the centre and/or work;
- on the site
- in the nursery
- in the office
- as a tour guide
Phone number: 02 4984 5677
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2E King Albert Avenue TANILBA BAY NSW 2319