Vibrant spaces fund
Vibrant and liveable places support creative expression, social connection, and community pride. They also attract business and investment, and create opportunities for new employment enterprise, trade and export.
Creating vibrancy in our town centres and public spaces requires a collaborative approach. It requires ownership from Council, business and the community to deliver programs that offer a diverse range of experiences which connect the way we work, live and play.
These activities need to reflect the culture, heritage and identity of each community and ultimately, contribute to the wellbeing of those who use the space.
Initiatives could include:
- small events and markets
- artistic and creative upgrades to streets including public art projects, creative lighting and tactile installations
- historical or place interpretation and interactive experiences like signage, art and trails
- decorations activating shopfronts and festive season promotions
- repurposing existing commercial space
- music and performances in the park
- greening and beautification projects
- anything that injects life, energy and vibrancy into our public spaces.
This could be a one-off project or a series of smaller projects over time.
- Round 1: Open 1 September to 5 October 2021
- Round 2 : Open 1 March to 29 March 2022
A total of $50,000 is available, with up to $6,000 maximum per application.
- incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or charities
- registered businesses with an ABN
- sole traders
- community and volunteer groups (for example, Landcare groups)
- service organisations.
For unincorporated community groups or individuals, we recommend you partner with a local business to participate in this program.
How to apply
- Read the Funding Guidelines for full details about the grant.
- Give our team a call to discuss your project on 02 4988 0255 or email email@example.com
- Visit portstephens.smartygrants.com.au and complete the online application. Make sure to upload any supporting documentation including your Certificate of Incorporation, budget and any required quotes.
For more information and apply online
Burbridge & Burke
Christmas in the Bay
Hunter Region Botanic Gardens
Gundabooka Garden Gallery
Wall Mural, Tomaree Library Courtyard
Seaham Parks & Wetlands Committee
Improve Access to Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve Wetlands
Tomaree Museum Association Inc
Repurposing of retail shop for the Launch of the Tomaree Museum
Youth Express Association
Regeneration and Native Planting Project, Karuah