Invest in Port Stephens
Port Stephens is located just 2.5 hours north of Sydney with easy connections to local, state and international markets.
Home to one of Australia's fastest-growing aviation and defence hubs, a well-established manufacturing sector and a bustling visitor economy — Port Stephens has so much to offer prospective investors.
With the right connections, knowledge, energy and work-life balance, the choice is simple.
Invest Port Stephens
Discover all that Port Stephens has to offer prospective investors with our investment prospectus.
Investor concierge service
Our investor concierge service aims to make business growth easier by providing personalised support for new, growing and relocating businesses. We can help you:
- connect with our vibrant business ecosystem by making relevant contacts locally and at all levels of government
- access the information you need to grow your business — whether it’s market statistics, infrastructure information or available skills
- navigate regulatory requirements
- stay up to date with our monthly business enews, BizLink.
Our role in economic development
Our Council plays an important role in the development of a strong and stable economy in Port Stephens through:
- land use planning
- timely processing of development applications
- environmental management
- design and management of our public places and assets.
Key to the growth of the Port Stephens economy is the development of strong partnerships with business, other levels of government, industry organisations and neighbouring councils.
Our Council is focused on delivering the actions in our Economic Development and Tourism Strategy to create genuine change for business across Port Stephens. We will continue to collaborate to build capacity in the local business community, facilitate employment opportunities and increase the wellbeing of the resident population.