Why work with us?
Our enterprise agreement
We are committed to being an employer of choice. We offer conditions in our enterprise agreement that exceed the local government standard:
- a flexible work environment
- competitive remuneration for employees
- a focus on attracting and keeping skilled employees
- incentives and rewards for our employees
- a user-friendly and flexible workplace.
Benefits of working at PSC
We understand the importance of rewarding employees for their efforts. Our benefits are designed to take care of all of you — helping you keep physically, emotionally, financially and socially healthy. Some of the additional incentives we offer are:
- competitive pay and rewards — as well as competitive salaries and superannuation, all positions offer a retention allowance
- professional development — through educational assistance, training and professional membership support
- Employee Assistance Program — access to a professional, confidential counselling service for you and your immediate family
- corporate uniform — all staff have access to a modern corporate uniform, while employees in our customer service team will be provided with an annual corporate clothing allocation
- discounted corporate fitness membership — access to a broad range of gyms across Port Stephens and beyond
- long service leave — qualify for long service leave after 5 years of service
- flexible working arrangements — including Flexitme, rostered days off, 4 day weeks, 9 day fortnights and job share
- additional annual leave — purchase up to 12 months of additional paid leave
- community volunteer leave — 2 days paid leave per year to volunteer in community-based organisations
- parental leave — 12 weeks paid leave from PSC plus Federal Government Paid Parental Leave scheme (extended to include men if primary care giver), plus paid supporting parent leave of 1 week at time of birth which is not deducted from other leave entitlements.