Why invest in Port Stephens
Port Stephens has plenty to offer prospective investors. It is home to one of the Australia's fastest-growing aviation and defence hubs, has a long-established manufacturing sector, and is one of the east coast's most famous tourism destinations.
Furthermore, Port Stephens is ideally located to Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, with over half a million people residing within an hour's drive. The bustling centres of Raymond Terrace and Heatherbrae are just 10 minutes from the end of the M1 Motorway while the area is the gateway to the north coast of New South Wales, with over 40thousand car movements traversing Port Stephens daily via the Pacific Highway.
Here are 10 more good reasons to invest in Port Stephens:
10 Reasons to Invest in Port Stephens
- Growing population and choice of either rural or coastal lifestyle.
- Located only 2 hours north of Sydney and 30 minutes from Newcastle.
- Moderate climate ideal for agriculture, tourism and lifestyle choices.
- Newcastle Airport providing daily flights to Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne.
- Primary tourism destination within the Hunter & Mid North Coast regions.
- Established industry zones including Manufacturing; Defence and Aviation; Retail, and Tourism.
- Strong community services infrastructure.
- Business expansion & establishment support.
- Skilled labour force.
- Affordable housing & commercial real estate.
The diverse range of functions undertaken by the Economic Development Unit of Council includes marketing the area as a business location and monitoring the local economy. Inherent within this is facilitating the delivery of business services, working to support the attraction of new businesses, and working in collaboration with tourism (link to tourism landing page) and Destination Port Stephens to provide quality attractions, events and services in the area.
- Working in partnership with the local community to strengthen existing business.
- Facilitating the delivery of programs tailored for small business.
- Identifying future infrastructure needs to support employment growth in conjunction with strategic planning.
- Providing input to planning policies to facilitate employment growth.
- Monitoring the local economy and compiling relevant economic data.
- Advocating for the economic future of Port Stephens and providing networking opportunities.
- Developing marketing material on Port Stephens including the investment prospectus.
- Securing government funding for major projects and economic development initiatives.