Nelson Bay Road program - Williamtown to Bobs Farm duplication
Publish Date 23/09/2019
Have your say on route alignment options
The NSW Government is investing $275 million to improve safety and travel times on Nelson Bay Road. The duplication of Nelson Bay Road to provide two lanes in each direction is being delivered as a program of work.
Projects of work on Nelson Bay Road would:
- Provide better connectivity for residents, businesses and the community to Newcastle airport and Williamtown RAAF base.
- Improve traffic flow, journey times and safety for motorists on Nelson Bay Road.
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle safety.
- Support tourism and rural industries as a major economic driver in the Port Stephens area.
Route alignment options
Two primary route alignment options are being considered for both sections of the project.
Have your say
Community and stakeholders are invited to comment on the route alignment options for the duplication of Nelson Bay road from Williamtown to Bobs Farm.
The community is invited to provide comment by 5pm on Friday 11 October 2019 to:
- Nelson Bay Road project team: Roads and Maritime Services, Locked Bay 2030, Newcastle NSW 2300
- For more information call 1800 512 277