Changes to facilities and services
Last updated: 29 Nov 2021 1:29pm
Greater freedoms for fully vaccinated people
From Monday 11 October 2021, eased restrictions allow those who are fully vaccinated to have:
- 10 visitors in your home
- access gyms, indoor recreation and sporting facilities
- group bookings of up to 20 people in hospitality settings.
From Saturday 13 November 2021, Raymond Terrace and Tomaree Library branches will resume Saturday opening hours between 9am to 12pm. Tilligerry Community Library will also be open from 1am to 12pm.
All premises will operate at 1 person per 4 sqm indoors and 1 person per 2 sqm outdoors.
- check-in using the Service NSW App
- show proof of vaccination when required
- maintain physical distancing of 1.5m
- practise hand hygiene
- get tested when sick, even with the mildest of symptoms — view the locations of COVID-19 testing clinics.
These are critical measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community and everyone's actions will make a difference. Keep up to date with the latest information at nsw.gov.au.
Changes to our facilities and services
We're continuing to deliver services valued by our community while doing our bit to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We have COVID Safe plans in place for each of our facilities to ensure community safety.
Our Administration Building is open to the public. Our Customer Experience team are here to help you from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Cemeteries remain open. Please follow the public health order for funerals.
Childcare — Thrive Kids
Thrive Kids is still operating with an increased focus on health and hygiene. Please ensure you notify your childcare provider of any concerns you may have or if you or a family member are diagnosed or come into contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19. As always, we ask that children who are unwell stay at home to recover and reduce the risk to others.
The next Local Government Election in Port Stephens will take place on Saturday 4 December 2021. The NSW Government postponed the 2020 Local Government Election due to COVID-19.
DA Advice — Duty Counter
You can still contact us for DA advice over the phone on 02 4988 0255.
- See advice under the public health order
- Weddings can be held under the public health order for weddings.
Our Holiday Parks have reopened – find out more and make a booking.
Port Stephens Library branches are open to those who are fully vaccinated under the public health order. It remains a condition of entry that all visitors to Port Stephens Library branches are required to show proof of vaccination, check in using the Service NSW app and wear a face mask.
- Raymond Terrace and Tomaree Library opening hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm, Saturday.
- The Mobile Library has returned to its regular timetable.
- Library branches will continue to offer Call & Collect and a limited Contactless Home Delivery Service. To take advantage, simply call the library to request a loan. Our staff will then select items for you and phone you to arrange a time for collection. Call Raymond Terrace and Mobile Library on 4988 0111 or call Tomaree Library on 4988 0670
- The Stories in the Street program will continue as per our current contactless model.
- Tilligerry Community Library opening hours are from 10am to 12pm, Monday to Saturday.
|Aquatic and leisure centres|
|BBQ facilities and picnic tables||Use with caution. Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order.|
Lifeguard and life saving services have resumed. Please follow the public health order and physical distancing rules.
Samurai Beach Campground is closed and there is no vehicle access to the campground. For National Park information, check the NSW NPWS webpage for updates.
|Boat ramps||Port Stephens boat ramps are open to all users. Please practice physical distancing and abide by the public health order.|
|Community centres and halls|
Our community centres and halls are closed under the current public health order.
|Fenced dog parks||Use with caution. Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order.|
|Outdoor fitness equipment||Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
|Parks and reserves|
Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order. For National Park information, check the NSW NPWS webpage for updates.
|Playgrounds and play equipment||Check in using the QR code if available. Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
|Skate and BMX parks||Check in using the QR code if available. Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
Open for informal exercise and sport provided users follow the public health order.
All Casual Street Stall approvals have been revoked and no further applications will be approved at this time.
Visitor Information Centre
Our Visitor Information Centre is open to those who are fully vaccinated under the public health order. Our friendly staff are also available to help on 1800 808 900.
Outdoor volunteers can now recommence if there is a COVID Safe plan in place. Hall volunteers can recommence from 18 October with COVID Safe plans in place if vaccination requirements are met under the public health order.
Follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information regarding cancellations and closures.