The Economic Profile of Port Stephens provides detailed insights into the local economy. It aims to inform investment and identify economic opportunity within the area and is based on key economic indicators:
- Business activity
Developed by REMPLAN, the Economic Profile is a useful resource for investors, business owners, developers and the wider community. The data is regularly updated and covers the whole of Port Stephens.
Download the complete Port Stephens Economic Profile (PDF 15.9MB).
- A diverse industry base.
- Part of the dynamic Hunter region, with easy access to key markets - thirty minutes to Newcastle and a further 2 hours to Sydney.
- Home to Newcastle Airport - a major economic driver for the Hunter Region.
- Australia's premier pilot training facility, the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), is located in Williamtown, surrounded by a significant defence and aviation hub leading the way in aerospace research and development.
- A robust international manufacturing sector located at Tomago and a major commercial bulky goods precinct in Heatherbrae.
- A major regional tourist destination attracting on average 1.3 million visitors per year.
- A vibrant business community with commercial centres in Raymond Terrace, Nelson Bay and Salamander Bay.
- A buoyant residential and non-residential construction market.
- A highly desirable lifestyle offering high levels of natural and cultural amenity.
Providing referrals, advice and direction to a range of stakeholders both internal and external, the Economic Development unit assists with economic impact assessments and economic analysis using REMPLAN, an online economic modelling and planning system.
REMPLAN data provides valuable insights into the Port Stephens economy including:
- detailed demographic data based on Census information;
- economic data and maps on industry sectors;
- population and employment forecasts;
- comprehensive information about workforce characteristics;
- industry contributions;
- the role of tourism and gaps in local supply chains.
Access REMPLAN results:
- Port Stephens Economic Development unit
- Phone: (02) 4988 0536
- Email: email@example.com