Working with us
Our enterprise agreement
Council is committed to being an employer of choice. The conditions of employment that we offer exceed the local government standard and are outlined in our own enterprise agreement. It offers:
- a flexible work environment
- competitive remuneration for employees
- a focus on attracting and keeping skilled employees
- incentives and rewards for our employees
- a user-friendly and flexible workplace.
- Port Stephens Council Enterprise Agreement 2018 (PDF 1.7MB)
Benefits of working at Council
We understand the importance of rewarding employees for their efforts. Our benefits are designed to take care of all of you — helping you keep physically, emotionally, financially and socially healthy. Some of the additional incentives we offer are:
- Competitive pay and rewards — as well as competitive salaries and superannuation, all positions offer a retention allowance.
- Professional development — through educational assistance, training and professional membership support.
- Employee Assistance Program — access to a professional, confidential counselling service for you and your immediate family.
- Corporate uniform — all staff have access to a modern corporate uniform, while public employees in our customer service team will be provided with an annual corporate clothing allocation.
- Discounted corporate fitness membership — access to a broad range of gyms across Port Stephens and beyond.
- Long service leave — qualify for long service leave after 5 years of service.
- Flexible working arrangements — including Flexitme, Rostered Days Off, 4 day weeks, 9 day fortnights and job share.
- Additional annual leave — purchase up to 12 months of additional paid leave.
- Community volunteer leave — 2 days paid leave per year to volunteer in community-based organisations.
- Parental leave — 12 weeks paid leave from Council plus Federal Government Paid Parental Leave scheme, extended to include males if primary care giver, supporting parent leave of 1 week paid leave at time of birth which is not deducted from other leave entitlements.
- Employment Coordinator
- 02 4988 0123