Cadets, apprentices and trainees
Change your outlook with a career and lifestyle.
Watch this space, shortly we will have a range of exciting opportunities available for apprentice, trainee and cadets where you can be part of a great organisation that is passionate about driving exciting new ideas and initiatives.
The following positions will be available:
- Apprentice plumber
- Property service cadet (business)
- Apprentice gardener
- Tourism trainee
- Assets cadet (engineering)
Applications will be opening early September 2019.
- Apprentice Trainee & Cadet Handbook (PDF 3MB)
Are you interested in completing some work experience or student volunteering at Council?
Port Stephens Council’s policy is to try and accommodate students request if a meaningful placement can be found. This will depend on Council’s availability to assist at that particular time. After receiving an application, Council’s assessment may take a week to finalise before replying via email.
Our Work Experience and Student Volunteering Guide (PDF 168KB) will provide you with further information.
All students applying for a placement should provide the following documentation:
- Submission in writing which outlines your specific area of interest to gain experience or volunteer in;
- the length of the placements and specific dates if available; and
- a copy of your institutions insurance details i.e. a certificate of currency for insurance covering you for personal accident and injury while undertaking work experience or student volunteering at Council.
Where should I send my request?
All requests should be submitted in writing, with all relevant documentation attached, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Coordinator
- 02 4988 0123