One Mile Beach carpark
|Expected start month||Expected completion month||Status||Budget||Contribution|
These works have been funded by the NSW Government’s program Fixing Local Roads and will include:
- upgrading and resealing Hannah Parade, the entry road into One Mile Beach car park; and
- formalising the existing part sealed and part gravel parking area with asphalt seal and linemarking.
The works are designed to:
- improve safety for beach goes by providing clear vehicle and pedestrian zones;
- provide 50% more hardstand parking in the same space;
- improve café forecourt area; and
- protect the nearby local vegetation on both Council and NPWS managed lands from vehicle access.
As part of the works we will also be constructing a drainage system to collect stormwater runoff from the car park and will also be undertaking an upgrade of the sewer system supporting the existing facilities in the immediate area.
We are currently in the planning phase and working through a range of cultural heritage considerations and associated approvals. Once approvals are in place we will be able to provide timing around the works.