One Mile Beach carpark
|Expected start month||Expected completion month||Status||Budget||Contribution|
|May 2023||June 2023||Scheduled||$470k|
One Mile Beach carpark upgrade.
These works have been funded by the NSW Government’s program Fixing Local Roads and will include:
- upgrading and resealing Hannah Parade, the entry road into One Mile Beach car park; and
- formalising the existing part sealed and part gravel parking area with asphalt seal and linemarking.
The works are designed to:
- improve safety for beach goes by providing clear vehicle and pedestrian zones;
- provide 50% more hardstand parking in the same space;
- improve café forecourt area; and
- protect the nearby local vegetation on both Council and NPWS managed lands from vehicle access.
As part of the works we will also be constructing a drainage system to collect stormwater runoff from the car park and will also be undertaking an upgrade of the sewer system supporting the existing facilities in the immediate area.