ANZAC Day in Port Stephens 2019
Venue: Various locations across Port Stephens
Anzac Day is on Thursday 25 April 2019, is one of Australia’s most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
Events in Port Stephens:
- Short march 5.450am commences from Tony King's Garage (on the Old Pacific Highway) continues along the Pacific Highway for the Service in Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Karuah
- Dawn Service is at 6:00 am at the Memorial Wall, Karuah District RSL Club with breakfast straight after at the club.
- Main Service is at 9:00 am at the Memorial Wall, Karuah District RSL Club.
- Dawn Service to be held in Apex Park. Please assemble at 5.30am with the ceremony starting at 5.40am. Following the service there will be a hot breakfast at Wests Nelson Bay Diggers. Returned and uniform personnel free. Members of the public $5.00.
- Main March and Service. Participants to assemble in the car park of the Nelson Bay Bowling Club by 10.30am. March to step off 10.40am down Stockton St to the memorial in Apex Park. Service to commence at 10.50am.
- Luncheon at Wests Nelson Bay Diggers starting at 12.00pm. Sub-Branch members $15.00, uniform personnel Free, Serving Members with ID $15.00. Visitors and Guests $30.
- Email email@example.com or call (02) 4984 8323.
- Short march from the corner of Ferodale and Medowie Rds and then along Ferodale Road at 5:45am.
- Dawn Service in the Lions Memorial Park at 6:00am.
- Email MedowieSB@rslnsw.org.au or call 0402 571187.
- Dawn Service at Anzac Park, Raymond Terrace in conjunction with Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch from 5.45am – 6.30am. Temporary closure of several streets accessing the ANZAC Park roundabout (Jacaranda Avenue; Port Stephens Street and Glenelg Street). Followed by a ‘Gun-fire’ Breakfast in the Raymond Terrace Bowling Club.
- Main Service at Anzac Park, Raymond Terrace in conjunction with Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch from 10.45am – 11.30am. March Participants will form up at 10:30am in Sturgeon Street, Raymond Terrace, between Glenelg Street and William Street for March. Temporary closure of several streets accessing Raymond Terrace township (Sturgeon Street; William Street; Port Stephens Street), and the ANZAC Park roundabout (Jacaranda Avenue; Port Stephens Street and Glenelg Street) will occur.
- Service will be conducted at the "Knitting Circle" Memorial on Newline Road, Seaham, in conjunction with Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch from 8.45 to 9.30am. The March will form up in Seaham Weir Park on East Seaham Road at 08:55am and march approximately 300 metres to the Memorial on Newline Road where the service will be conducted. Temporary closures of East Seaham Road and Newline Road Junction and on Newline Road are expected for the duration of the service.
Port Stephens Visitor Information Centre
Port Stephens Visitor Information Centre will be open on Anzac Day from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
Council has no control over the content of material accessible on any site cross-referenced and makes no representations about the accuracy of information contained on those websites. Council is not liable for the content on those websites. It is accordingly the responsibility of the internet user to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of the information found on those sites..
In addition, Council does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at the linked sites. They have been included as information sources only.