Council provides opportunities for the community to undertake tasks or projects and provide assistance to our operations. This is part of Council's commitment to community partnerships, providing opportunities for the community to be involved in the care and management of the facilities and services they use.
Volunteers in Port Stephens are the lifeblood of our local area as they donate their time and energy to a range of activities that benefit our whole community. Many Council programs and services could not be provided without the support of volunteers.
There are many volunteer positions at Council where your skills and aspirations can be matched. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and cultures to participate as volunteers.
If you wish to find out more about volunteering opportunities with Council, click on one of the links below or submit an expression of interest form.
Volunteers provide help at:
- Halls and Community Centres
- Parks, Reserves and Landcare Groups
- Cemetery Committees
- Sports Councils and Sporting Clubs
- Advisory and Cultural Groups
- Visitor Information Centre
- Ngioka Centre
- Port Stephens event access tent crew - PSC is looking for half a dozen volunteers who will be provided training and support to deliver the Access Tent resource to 5 signature community events across Port Stephens between November 2017 and June 2018. For more information contact the Community Development and Engagement Team on (02) 4980 0255.
Read testimonials from some of our Council volunteers on what they get out of working in the community:
- Brendan: Strategic Arts Committee (PDF 2.2MB)
- Hope: Karuah Tidy Towns (PDF 3.3MB)
- May: Seaham School of Art (PDF 3.8MB)
- Verena: Tomaree Library and Community Centre (PDF 1.5MB)
Learn more about volunteering in Port Stephens by downloading our volunteering booklet or see our list of Contacts for Committees and Groups page. You can also fill out and return the Volunteering Expression of Interest form.
- Volunteering Expression of Interest Form from our A-Z Forms page.
Contact Volunteers Coordinator
Phone: (02) 4980 0255