Council offers an on call kerbside collection service. Residents are able to place unwanted bulky items and green waste on the kerb for collection.
How the service works
- Organise a collection by calling 1300 734 470
- Each residential property is entitled to 2 collections per financial year
- Both bulky and green waste can be collected
- Residents must book their collection
- Waste items can only be placed on the footpath the day prior to collection
- Book early to avoid disappointment in wait times
View the Waste Services Brochure (PDF 1.1MB)
To book your on call clean up, phone the Customer Service Centre 1300 734 470 or online below.
The following items are accepted as part of Council's kerbsite collection service:
- furniture - chairs, cupboards, tables and similar
- appliances - fridges, washing machines and similar
- green waste
- scrap metal - fencing, hot water systems, BBQs
The following items will not be accepted by Council as part of the kerbsite collection:
- car batteries, automobile parts and tyres
- gas bottles, chemicals, oils, paints, liquid waste, fire extinguishers
- building waste, asbestos, glass and fibre glass
Terms and conditions of service
- only 1m x 1m will be collected (1 box trailer) — waste placed out in excess of this will be removed but the resident will forfeit their second collection for the year. If the residence has already received a collection the excess waste will be left and must be removed immediately.
- waste must be placed out neatly on the footpath and free of any hydrants to allow for pedestrian access
- waste must ONLY be placed out the night before collection; waste placed out on the footpath prior to this will be instructed to be removed or you may be fined. This is to keep our area looking tidy and avoid others from being able to illegally dump waste
- green waste must be bundled and tied and able to be lifted by 2 people
- items must be less than 1.8m in length
- items that are not accepted wastes will not be collected
- multi-unit dwellings will be required to organise a joint collection day through their strata manager
- please use the Council booking sticker mailed to you.
- IF you do not receive a sticker, your booking will still be collected (NOTE - bookings made within one week of collection will not receive a sticker due to Australia Post mail timeframes).
- if you have not received a confirmation email within 24 hours of making your booking please call 1300 734 470 to confirm.