A to Z of waste
The A to Z of waste is a guide for disposing of waste and recycling in the safest and best way.
- Contact your local police station
- Free to drop off at Salamander Bay Waste Transfer Station
- Free to drop off at community recycling centres
- Free on designated drop-off days
For quantities of 4 or less, you can drop off at the following:
- Free to drop off at the Council administration building
- Free to drop off at Raymond Terrace and Tomaree libraries
- Kerbside clean up
- Disposal fee charged at Salamander Bay Waste Transfer Station
- Donate to local charity if undamaged
Free on designated drop-off days — see Waste Services for more information.
- Only 4 mattresses per customer will be accepted.
- No commercial operators will be accepted.
- Port Stephens residents only
- Red bin
- Residents wishing to recycle clean, white polystyrene can phone Hunter Pod Supplies at Thornton on 4966 3959 to organise a drop off time. Hunter Pod Supplies will inspect the polystyrene to check if it is acceptable. The polystyrene is recycled into 'waffle pods' for the building industry.