Any land between the property boundary and the road is identified by Council as a road reserve. Road reserves are Council land and any works that fall within it must be approved by Council before commencement.
These works may include, but not be limited to:
- Road opening, access, under-boring or any disturbance to the road or road reserve surface.
- Footpath occupation by such items as cranes, hoarding, skip bins, etc.
- Footpath, private utilities, landscape works, ramps, pipes, connections to roads
- Connection of stormwater drainage to the kerb and gutter or to Councils stormwater infrastructure.
- Connection of proposed public roads to existing roads.
- Permanent balconies and awnings, overhead crossings, encroachments by car parking spaces and posts.
- Installation or construction of private utility to a public utility.
- Driveway construction or driveway removal.
Download the Works on Public Infrastructure (roads, drainage and driveways) Application Form from our A-Z forms page.
Please make sure that you submit all documentation relevant to the application, even if previously assessed under a DA or other application. This will ensure our processing times are efficient with no unnecessary holdups.
Send completed application form along with all necessary supporting documentation to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to:
- PO Box 42, Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324
- In person to:
- Port Stephens Council Administration Building, 116 Adelaide Street, Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324
Ensure your application is addressed to: Development Engineering Team.
Fees will be calculated based on Councils fees and charges and will depend on proposed works included in the plans. Applicants can submit a proposal of works and a plan to receive a quote before lodgement.
An invoice for the application will be issued and must be paid before the assessment can begin.
- Processing time is approximately 21 business days from formal lodgment to approval.
- Please make sure you submit all documentation relevant to the application, even if previously assessed under a DA or other application. This will ensure our processing times are efficient with no unnecessary hold ups.
- Any information not submitted or addressed adequately at the time of lodgment may result in further information requests, additional fees, and subsequent delays of approval
Development Engineering Team
Phone: (02) 4988 0409