Tomaree Road, Shoal Bay
|Expected start month||Expected completion month||Budget|
|June 2019||December 2019||$2.4m|
Reconstruction of Tomaree Road, Shoal Bay between Garden Place to Verona Road.
Key improvements to the road include:
- Full road pavement reconstruction to provide a uniform road surface.
- Improving the shape of the road, particularly around corners to remove safety risks.
- Dedicated footpath area for pedestrians along the length of the works.
- Improving stormwater drainage to prevent flooding.
As part of this project, driveway laybacks from the curb to the property boundary will be installed. Driveway laybacks will be installed in accordance with Council's driveway standards:
- driveways will be 3m in width and wider driveways will be considered on a case by case basis
- if you have an existing driveway we will remove a section and re-lay concrete to suit the existing curb and gutter design
- where the existing driveway is asphalt, grass, or gravel we will return it to its pre-existing condition.
Can I upgrade my driveway to concrete?
If Council is required to modify existing driveways as part of this project, we will do so in a ‘like-for-like’ manner at our cost and in consultation with the owner. For example:
If you have an existing concrete driveway we will remove and re-lay a section of concrete driveway to suit the road and drainage design; or if you have an existing gravel driveway we will modify it to suit the road and drainage design and re-lay the gravel.
You can request a quote via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Tomaree Road Driveway Upgrade Quote. You are also free to choose your own concreter to construct the driveway.