There will be upgrades to Foreshore Drive and drainage infrastructure between the suburbs of Salamander Bay and Corlette.
We have identified the need for upgrades to Foreshore Drive and the associated drainage network to improve road and pedestrian safety conditions, reduce flooding of the roadway and improve tidal flow and environmental conditions within the Mambo Wetland Reserve.
The proposal includes the following:
- Upgrading culverts at Mambo Creek and installing inlet and outlet headwalls and rock scour protection in Mambo Creek.
- Raising the road at the Mambo Creek culvert
- Widening the road and raising the pavement on Mambo Creek culvert, to provide a 2 metre wide sealed shoulder bicycle lane along the northern edge of the road
- Installation of speed humps
- Cleaning out debris from Stinky Creek
- Maintenance of the open water drainage channel and cleaning out the culvert under the access to the Wastewater Pump Station
- Rehabilitation of affected areas.