Join the library
Become a library member
Join online — it's free! Complete the online form and you will receive an email with your new membership number.
Becoming a member gives you instant access to our online collection of books, magazines, newspapers, movies, music, our eLibrary and much more.
Join in person
- proof of identity with your name and address.
Download the library app
Renew your items, view your digital loans, search the catalogue, place holds, view our eLibrary and more with the Newcastle Libraries app.
Our loan periods are:
- books, CDs, DVDs, audio books — 4 weeks
- magazines — 2 weeks
- popular items — 2 weeks (no renewals)
Items may be renewed 3 times (excluding popular items) if they have not been requested by another customer.
- Scan your membership card on the pad.
- Place up to 5 items on the pad, then select borrow items.
- Select exit and take your receipt.
You can borrow up to 40 items at one time with a maximum of 20 items per visit.
Our fees and charges
- View Port Stephens Council Fees and Charges.